Barbara Comeaux has stepped down as coach of the PNG Rock A Noos

A sad day for PN-GISD, but a happy day for Coach Comeaux.  I am not sure if she is retiring, semi-retiring, or simply leaving the coaching ranks so she can devote more time to teaching and overseeing the girls athletic programs at PN-GISD, but whatever she is doing, she has earned the right to do it.  If it is retirement, good for her.  I hope that she enjoys every second of it.  Whatever makes Coach Comeaux happy, I am all for it; she is entitled to it.  As a great coach, educator, and lady, she has given PN-GISD more than the district can ever repay her.  1971 or 1972 to 2019...she has given PN-GISD, the Rock-a-Noos, Rock-a-Noo fans, and PN-G alumni 47 or 48 years of greatness.  She has put a ton of hardware in the PN-G trophy cases.  Thousands of wins, three state championships, too many district crowns to count, and her career at The Reservation paralleled the tenure of seven head football coaches (Ken Watson, Doug Ethridge, Butch Troy, Danny Malone, Tim Owen, Matt Burnett, and Brandon Faircloth).  What more can you say?  She is a legend.  If PN-GISD has a Mount Rushmore of greatness, Barbara Comeaux is on it!  All the best to one of the best!  PN-GISD was lucky to have her.  She is one of the pillars that upholds the foundation for PN-G's core values of HONOR, PRIDE, and TRADITION!

Go Indians.  Peace.