Bill to Regulate Food Stamp Purchases

PhatMack19

Good.  They need to add other luxury items to the list.  You shouldn’t be able to buy crawfish and lobster on food stamps.  This bill makes too much sense for them to pass.

The proposal would ban people from using food stamps on energy drinks and any beverages containing at least 54 milligrams of caffeine per 8 fluid ounces. This does not include coffee.

This is the hidden content, please

I’m not Big Girl but I think it’s great.  Folks who live off the Govt should be held accountable for how that money is spent.  

Which brings me back to Medicare for All.  Once in place, everyone is living off the Govt.  To keep your Medicare, you’ll do what the Govt says.  Slippery Slope?  Nay, a freaking cliff..

There was a sign on the cooler at the BC Dollar General a while back that said that the store wouldn't accept EBT payments for energy drinks.  The clerk said that she'd taken several good cussings over it.  

It gets on my nerves that we could go to any grocery store and determine which people were paying with food stamps and which were paying with their own actual money based solely on the contents of their buggies. They need to go back to passing out eggs, butter, and cheese, if you want my opinion.

The only interesting thing about this thread is the media fascination with bills that have absolutely no support and practically no chance of becoming a law. Every two years it is the same thing.

Headlines will say things like marijuana to be legal in Texas or DWI now a felony on first offense or Medicare for everyone in Texas or... 

In truth, likely one guy submitted a bill because he told his constituents that he would. Out of the hundreds of other legislators, no one else would sign off on it but by God he did submit it. It will never come up even for a discussion within a committee much less come even close to becoming a law. 

It is nothing more than Clickbait.