Golden Triangle H Softball

Softball IQ

So Evadale, Deweyville, Buna and OF remain in the playoffs for Golden Triangle Schools.

I'm very surprised every year that the GT area HS teams fissile out early in the playoffs.

Yes I know we have had teams make it 3 to 4 rounds deep in past years but it has been a while since a GT HS team made a DEEP run.

What keeps the Houston Area teams on top consistently every year?   Talent, Coaching, Off Season programs, etc ??   thoughts ?

2 hours ago, Softball IQ said:

So Evadale, Deweyville, Buna and OF remain in the playoffs for Golden Triangle Schools.

I'm very surprised every year that the GT area HS teams fissile out early in the playoffs.

Yes I know we have had teams make it 3 to 4 rounds deep in past years but it has been a while since a GT HS team made a DEEP run.

What keeps the Houston Area teams on top consistently every year?   Talent, Coaching, Off Season programs, etc ??   thoughts ?

All of the above. 

Buna made it to the fifth round of playoffs last year, almost making the final four in 3A.  

The Houston teams usually fare better because they play equal (or near equal) talent on their preseason schedule in tournaments, etc. The GT teams do well but it's harder to find equal talent to play in the preseason because of how spread out the teams are; that and the fact the GT teams that make it to the playoffs are usually small school teams, while the Houston teams are the big schools like Deer Park, Pearland, etc. 

Talent has a lot to do with it and having that same talent filling all the positions.  There was a Houston team (CE King) that had the best field defense I've seen in a while but they lacked a pitcher.  They had a third baseman that was really good (going to OU, I think) and if they had a decent pitcher, they would be a playoff team.