Weird Text - Warning

Hagar

My wife got a text a few minutes ago.  Here’s a general idea of what showed up on her phone.

365-62 Joe Hagar (it was my name)  has sent you a link.  Then it had the obscure link.  Since I was sitting close by, and had not mentioned anything, she knew it wasn’t from me.  

It’s not unusual to get a weird text or call, but the fact that they used my name in it, is a little freaky.  No doubt they are up to no good. Just wanted to give y’all a heads-up.  

54 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Not the same thing but my phone rings the other day.  I look to see who's calling.  The number that showed up was my phone number.  It took me by surprise so I didn't answer it.  Not sure how or why this happened.  Has this happened to anyone else? 

Yes. Don't answer. I have also had it show other numbers on my account. But caller id didn't show the person's name as it usually would. I have heard reports that upwards of 75% of all calls made are robo calls

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yes. Don't answer. I have also had it show other numbers on my account. But caller id didn't show the person's name as it usually would. I have heard reports that upwards of 75% of all calls made are robo calls

Agreed, do not answer it.  I have had this happen 2 times.

Answered an unknown call the other day. Asian man rattling off something I couldn’t understand. Then, more clearly, he asked if it was ok to call me the next day. I told him I couldn’t understand a thing he was saying and told him not to call me again. I was later told that he was prodding me into saying “yes” or “ok”. Somehow they can manipulate your yes as permission to do other things. Best not to answer if not in contacts.

Hagar, only strange texts I receive are from people wanting my vote or my donation to their charity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 7:38 AM, baddog said:

Answered an unknown call the other day. Asian man rattling off something I couldn’t understand. Then, more clearly, he asked if it was ok to call me the next day. I told him I couldn’t understand a thing he was saying and told him not to call me again. I was later told that he was prodding me into saying “yes” or “ok”. Somehow they can manipulate your yes as permission to do other things. Best not to answer if not in contacts.

Hagar, only strange texts I receive are from people wanting my vote or my donation to their charity.

Feel free to donate to me :) 

• 2 months later...

I saw this and thought of you, Mr @Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

If you find yourself receiving a lot of spam text messages, you can forward the message to the number 7726 (spells SPAM). It won't block the number from texting you right away, but it will allow your carrier to look into where it came from and put an end to it.