Nederland Next Season

Michele

So my Nederland peeps, I'm tired of reading about the BOND already.  I went and voted YES so it's up to the voters now.  Ready to read about something else so let's see if we can start talking about Nederland Football.  I know our back up QB is returning from last year, and I think he did a pretty decent job so I'm not really worried about that spot.  Curious to know who all is returning on offense and defense.  Also, how will our kicking game look this year?  The new season is right around the corner and it is way too quite on here so let's get going. 

To be honest a few question marks going into 2019. Nederland is set in the backfield with McMorris at QB and Scott and Mazyck in the backfield. The question on offense will be who will the WR's be in 2019? I think the OL will be fine with Jonathan Nguyen being the top returner. On defense I cant wait for Ricky Johnson to start at DT he's a stud, Kerrington Broussard, Cedric Pete and Blaze Brown also return. A few holes to fill on defense so I expect a slow start on that side of the ball.

19 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

To be honest a few question marks going into 2019. Nederland is set in the backfield with McMorris at QB and Scott and Mazyck in the backfield. The question on offense will be who will the WR's be in 2019? I think the OL will be fine with Jonathan Nguyen being the top returner. On defense I cant wait for Ricky Johnson to start at DT he's a stud, Kerrington Broussard, Cedric Pete and Blaze Brown also return. A few holes to fill on defense so I expect a slow start on that side of the ball.

They had a lot of young players starting last year, and I think the QB this year will be an upgrade.   Honestly I am not concerned with WR too much as they always find  a couple of good ones.    Who is coming back as far as DBs go?

Defense lost 7 Quality players-  3 DB'S- Hiltz, Lewis & Grusecki.  2 LB'S- Huckabay & Roccaforte. 2 D-Line-Sonnier & Somersol 

DB's returning Pete & Nguyen

Broussard & Mika Weaver will return @LB. Sophmore  Beck should make an impact at LB also

On 4/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, Michele said:

So my Nederland peeps, I'm tired of reading about the BOND already.  I went and voted YES so it's up to the voters now.  Ready to read about something else so let's see if we can start talking about Nederland Football.  I know our back up QB is returning from last year, and I think he did a pretty decent job so I'm not really worried about that spot.  Curious to know who all is returning on offense and defense.  Also, how will our kicking game look this year?  The new season is right around the corner and it is way too quite on here so let's get going. 

Payne Barrow returns as well in the kicking game 

On 4/29/2019 at 2:18 PM, NHSBulldogFan said:

Kydon Fuselier is who y'all might be referring to 

That's who I was thinking of. He is really fast. I think he assumed some kick return duties. Fun fact, the name "fuselier" is kind of cool -- It is French for "rifleman."

On 4/30/2019 at 8:24 PM, chorizo said:

Freshman team was decent,but once you lose 4 freshman to varsity it goes down hill quick!!At that level 3 or 4 kids can carry a team,lot different on Friday nights!!

Think the freshman only lost 2 games. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bigdog said:

I guess my biggest concern will be DBs and LBs starting out.   Hopefully they get up to speed by the time district starts.

We will be on the younger side of things with DBs and LBs yes, but I’m not to worried we have some big size coming up. The young dogs can play. 

On 4/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, Michele said:

So I'm also anticipating a slow start for us, but fully expect we will be in the playoff mix.  I don't know how we are looking compared to Barber's Hill, who I'm thinking is the favorite for a District Championship this year.  

BH shouldn't be favorites.  We lost many skilled players and some big boys.  We should be at the bottom of the district and should be ignored.  PNG, Nederland, and Crosby should remain the favorites.

• 1 month later...

I think this year will be Fort bend Marshalls year again, those qbs are  l Iegitimate beasts. I think our District is up for grabs, I think Crosby gets back on tract, Dayton im not sure what happened there, Vidor well they are who they are. I think all the teams lost key players and Seniors so who knows.