John William King to Be Executed Today

PhatMack19

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

They should put blue dye in front of the mixture so he can see it coming towards his arm. Actually, he should be chained and dragged down a concrete road.

Those people that protest the medicine used really aggravate me.  Who cares if it burns a little?  When did this get turned into something that had to be painless?  The people they murdered didn’t get the choice to choose a painless death. 

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Those people that protest the medicine used really aggravate me.  Who cares if it burns a little?  When did this get turned into something that had to be painless?  The people they murdered didn’t get the choice to choose a painless death. 

They also sterilize the needle.

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Agree...it certainly wasn't painless what these animals put Mr. Byrd through.

6 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Unfortunately Jasper has been known the world over because of this chain of events.

Yep. It's unfair. I can't tell anyone of color where I'm from without getting a double-take. It was that way when I was in Denver right after it happened, in my 12 years in Seattle and the entire time I've lived in Albuquerque. Everyone knows about it.

I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering why it took so dam long.  I get the appeal process, but have mercy, 21 freaking years?  

And this big cocktail they use to inject them with.  Saw a few years back one state had to suspend executions because one of the ingredients was obtained from overseas, and they stopped selling it to them.  What?  How many in America die of a Fentanyl overdose daily?  And many, accidental.  So grab a 1000 cc’s of it and inject.  And yes, to good for them, but Game Over.

9 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I think that he got the easy way out.  In my mind if you murder someone in a barbaric way, you should face that same death.  My only problem with that would be that the victims family may relive their loved ones experience through the killers death.

The victims family didn't want him to be put to death from what I read last night. 

37 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I think that he got the easy way out.  In my mind if you murder someone in a barbaric way, you should face that same death.  My only problem with that would be that the victims family may relive their loved ones experience through the killers death.

Never looked at it that way. The only other way to look at it would be that the family members of the victim re-live it over and over anyway, but I get your point.

No punishment could have made up for what King did to Byrd.  And to all the good people of Jasper, which is most everyone there.  Easily overlooked is the fact that unlike many cases in the deep South, the three miscreants were all in jail within 24 hours, and tried and sentenced within a year or so.  No cover up here!  The people of Jasper were handed a job to do; and they did the right thing.  Glad this chapter is finally over.

4 hours ago, j_dog said:

No punishment could have made up for what King did to Byrd.  And to all the good people of Jasper, which is most everyone there.  Easily overlooked is the fact that unlike many cases in the deep South, the three miscreants were all in jail within 24 hours, and tried and sentenced within a year or so.  No cover up here!  The people of Jasper were handed a job to do; and they did the right thing.  Glad this chapter is finally over.

Totally agree. I never said or thought it would make up for it but i do think he deserved to suffer as close too or more than his victim did.

It’s a shame that Jasper would get a bad rap as a whole over what a few ignorant, evil individuals decided to do that day.  Let’s not forget the incredible job Sheriff Billy Rowles, DA Guy James Gray, and many others did to bring swift justice for the Byrd family and Jasper community.  For a small little community, they were blessed to have some very fine men leading the charge to justice.  As for the 20 years after that, well that’s the capital justice system for you.  

10 hours ago, ST413 said:

Totally agree. I never said or thought it would make up for it but i do think he deserved to suffer as close too or more than his victim did.

One of my arguments against the death penalty besides the cost and it taking too damn long, is that Death Row is probably the safest place for a POS like this.  

If they would have put him in general population, the problem would have taken care of itself a long time ago and it wouldn’t have been as painless.  

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

One of my arguments against the death penalty besides the cost and it taking too damn long, is that Death Row is probably the safest place for a POS like this.  

If they would have put him in general population, the problem would have taken care of itself a long time ago and it wouldn’t have been as painless.  

I say give them two years to appeal, then swiftly execute them. This would create more of a deterrent. Then we could have gurney trains picking them up by the dozens with someone dressed as The Grim Reaper on the lead gurney.

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

That is a great point.  He would have come a lot closer to what he put Mr. Byrd through in gen pop.  

5 hours ago, baddog said:

I say give them two years to appeal, then swiftly execute them. This would create more of a deterrent. Then we could have gurney trains picking them up by the dozens with someone dressed as The Grim Reaper on the lead gurney.

I agree. Twenty years is not fair to the family.