PN-G's QB

prepballfan

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing our line is going to be a beast this season. One kid moving to defense and two young kiddos who started late in the season due to injuries will be starters along side UT commit Garth. These are all very large kiddos. Will be a line compared to the one when Bertrand tan for 2 k

20 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Hearing our line is going to be a beast this season. One kid moving to defense and two young kiddos who started late in the season due to injuries will be starters along side UT commit Garth. These are all very large kiddos. Will be a line compared to the one when Bertrand tan for 2 k

That's exciting. Am I wrong in my assessment that PNG's line had sort of a slow start last season? It seemed like they got better as the season progressed (setting aside Fort Bend Marshall, where none of our positions had much to say). It seemed like the line struggled, that Roschon spent a lot of time having to scramble. I know Huntsville's defensive line had its way with us. I'm hoping the line comes together earlier this year.Β 

3 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

That's exciting. Am I wrong in my assessment that PNG's line had sort of a slow start last season? It seemed like they got better as the season progressed (setting aside Fort Bend Marshall, where none of our positions had much to say). It seemed like the line struggled, that Roschon spent a lot of time having to scramble. I know Huntsville's defensive line had its way with us. I'm hoping the line comes together earlier this year.Β 

The whole line is back and a year older, bigger, and stronger and experiencedΒ 

4 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Huntsville's defensive line had itsΒ way with alot of teams last year

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

What about PNG's defense? How are we looking?Β 

Well they got a new NT and a new LB who moved over from the O PattensonΒ is back for his Senior year at end decent sized tackle couple of backers from last year back. Gonna be a fresh coach or two on defense as assistant as well.Β 

• 1 month later...

let me comment on this, We haven't had a real defense in years, WE have come away with wins but I must say , take for example the Crosby game where someone made a follies video with the Benny Hill theme song In the background about sums up our defense. lol I always hope we have a greedy defense each and every year but it seems it is more likeΒ  a good will giveaway. I could be wrong in my assessment, I guess we will find out real soon. Until im proved other wise the jury is still out on the Defensive side of the ball. Curious as to who the coaching changes are.,

8 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

let me comment on this, We haven't had a real defense in years, WE have come away with wins but I must say , take for example the Crosby game where someone made a follies video with the Benny Hill theme song In the background about sums up our defense. lol I always hope we have a greedy defense each and every year but it seems it is more likeΒ  a good will giveaway. I could be wrong in my assessment, I guess we will find out real soon. Until im proved other wise the jury is still out on the Defensive side of the ball. Curious as to who the coaching changes are.,

Well I know a LCM Coach went to PNG and he coached Defense at LCM

Guest ECBucFan
7 hours ago, biaplayer said:

We haven't had a real defense in years, WE have come away with wins but I must say , take for example the Crosby game where someone made a follies video with the Benny Hill theme song In the background about sums up our defense. lol

You are exactly right. I have felt bad for PN-G in recent years. Its too bad all the offensive production that PN-G generated wasΒ offset by their terriblyΒ porousΒ D.

IF, and that is a big IF,Β PN-G could ever play some semblance of real D, the Indians would have a good team. Someone needs to fix it! Β Until then, don't get hopes up, PN-G will not advance far at all.Β 

PNG Defense was built on speed, in it's glory years.Β  Without a huge defensive line, speed is what you must rely on.Β 

I am praying we get out defense together early this year.Β  I will be there, at those games, no matter what!

20 hours ago, LC-M said:

Well I know a LCM Coach went to PNG and he coached Defense at LCM

yes and he hasn't been here in 11 years, he was and is a good Defensive coach for sure. But Does he even make a difference over there in LCM? I wish he was still coaching the defense here, but it is what it is.