Burkeville is open

WOSgrad

There numbers have already been at 6 man level. School Board does not want to go 6 man evidently. Don't see the future of Burkeville getting any better. No jobs except logging in the Burkeville area. I don't see that Burkeville on your resume would do anything for a coach looking to climb the ladder. Newton is a dying county. They should write on their highway sign, "Nothing to see here, move on". Don't mean any disrespect to the Burkeville people, they are good people and the school is academically good. 

33 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Gonna be a tough time filling that position I think.  Without even looking at any current numbers I am curious to just how much the pay scale there is for hc.

They just bought out their super’s three year contract before he worked a day. That place is a back yard tire fire. 

They’ve been boofed since Newton built public housing and sucked all of the talent away. 

There are just too nice of options in Jasper and Newton to stay in Burkeville and suck, no offense. It’s hard to believe that not too long ago they were SC caliber. 

The gov. housing in Newton was built years ago. The people left during the hurricane and found jobs and stayed in other towns. Dr. Graham left on his own. Dr. Graham has been at BISD for several years and the school has an high rating. There is not enough kids in school to have a successful football team. Newton is one of the most, if not the most, poorist counties in Texas.

Just because a school does not have a good football team does not make it a bad school or a bad community.. If that were the case where would BC stand?

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

The gov. housing in Newton was built years ago. The people left during the hurricane and found jobs and stayed in other towns. Dr. Graham left on his own. Dr. Graham has been at BISD for several years and the school has an high rating. There is not enough kids in school to have a successful football team. Newton is one of the most, if not the most, poorist counties in Texas.

Just because a school does not have a good football team does not make it a bad school or a bad community.. If that were the case where would BC stand?

Maybe so..but from the perspective of a prospective Athletic Director / Head Football Coach, it is certainly a bad school.  The only saving grace could be if the school decided to use their low numbers to their advantage and drop to 6 man to try to be competitive.  If the community doesn't want that to happen..maybe it's a bad community as well.  From the perspective of an AD/HFC I mean. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

-Great kids
-High rating
-Hardworking

These are usually code words (when stated alone) for "we are absolutely awful but I need to find a compliment because saying things like "we are beyond terrible" would probably get me in trouble". 

12 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

You’d better ask somebody.  Dr. Graham had the outgoing school board sign a new three year contract before the new board was sworn in.  The new board (who were elected with the pledge of firing Graham) immediately placed Graham on paid administrative leave. The board opted to pay Graham’s salary last week in their April board meeting. I’m fairly certain that Dr Graham never worked a single day. 

Surely you remember the change.org petition and KJAS stories from ‘17 about how the community was against Graham. Do you remember when the School Board President (Kenneth Weeks, current Newton County Judge) resigned his position? They really, REALLY wanted Graham gone... rankings or not.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

On 4/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, JasperDAWG said:

Gonna be a tough time filling that position I think.  Without even looking at any current numbers I am curious to just how much the pay scale there is for hc.

Not sure what they would offer for HC/AD but their teacher pay scale is actually one of the highest in the area.    

19 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

Not sure what they would offer for HC/AD but their teacher pay scale is actually one of the highest in the area.    

What are you considering "in the area"?  The greater Batson area?  Or are you talking about Hardin County.. (because Hardin county schools pay peanuts)? 

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

What are you considering "in the area"?  The greater Batson area?  Or are you talking about Hardin County.. (because Hardin county schools pay peanuts)? 

I am looking at this area -  Burkeville, Jasper, Newton, Brookeland, West Sabine, Woodville, Kirbyville -  Burkeville is very competitive with teacher pay for schools in this area.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

For a school with that few kids, it actually isn't terrible. 

Nope - not bad at all..for teaching... I don't know about the coaching side - They have had some really good teams in the past on both boys and girls side - but I have no idea what they have coming up.   But for a young coach looking/wanting a head job -might not be bad place to get some experience.