GCM is Open

37 minutes ago, N8_44 said:

The short answer to this conundrum, is expectations need to be tempered in the football department, Bc when the one school option was shot down, so were the chances of ever making a deep run in the playoffs in Football.(Cinderella seasons not taken into consideration for this analysis)

I have to disagree with the not be able to make decent playoff runs in 5-A where we are. GCM has HAD and always has talent but it just walks away to another school for varius reasons.  The past 2 years Crosby has had 3-4 athletes that played big roles in some of their success. We lost 2 this past season back to Hull, 1 to Humble, 1 to West Brook, 2 to BCA have lost a few to Channelview and have lost another to Crosby and North Shore.  

This past season with the 3 that were at Crosby and the 2 at Hull oh and 1 at West Brook and 1 at Humble and 2 at BCA we make playoffs. 

So count that as 7-9 starters we should have had added to what we had left. Oh and count 8-15 kids walking the halls that all played at one point that could compete for a starting job and add depth as well.  GCM has been killed with the transfer bug and its been a problem.

8 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

I have to disagree with the not be able to make decent playoff runs in 5-A where we are. GCM has HAD and always has talent but it just walks away to another school for varius reasons.  The past 2 years Crosby has had 3-4 athletes that played big roles in some of their success. We lost 2 this past season back to Hull, 1 to Humble, 1 to West Brook, 2 to BCA have lost a few to Channelview and have lost another to Crosby and North Shore.  

This past season with the 3 that were at Crosby and the 2 at Hull oh and 1 at West Brook and 1 at Humble and 2 at BCA we make playoffs. 

So count that as 7-9 starters we should have had added to what we had left. Oh and count 8-15 kids walking the halls that all played at one point that could compete for a starting job and add depth as well.  GCM has been killed with the transfer bug and its been a problem.

I won’t dispute what ur saying Bc I’m pretty sure it’s accurate information. My response however, is how can you disagree with me, given the fact there’s never been playoff run in school history. Early in the program history  they strung a few seasons together, and won multiple district games and got to the playoffs, the last being in 2013, and have had 4 play off games in school history without a playoff win. 11 varsity football seasons, zero playoff wins. Sterling has been to the playoffs 1 time since 1986, when they got beat by WOS in the dome, in 1972, their 4th year of Football, they played Odessa Permian for the state championship and got beat. Not too many people know that. Then 10 yrs later in 82’ they lost to the Jerry Ball bruins form WB, but after losing on penetrations to wOS in 86, their run was done, and for 35 years it hasn’t changed. and lee had a good run under Olin in the late 90s early 2000s, but haven’t sniffed the postseason since. So going strictly by program history, with the exception of a couple good seasons here and there(years ago) combined by all the public schools in Baytown. There’s NOTHING that suggests, any kind of sustainability for a constant winner in football, for any of the 3. 

Im not being a pessimist or bad mouthing any coaches or players, I have nothing bad to say about their effort or dedication, it’s the demographics, strictly a numbers issue, and it always will be with 3 schools in a city the size of Baytown. Had we gone to 1 school, and the Baytown Memorial Oilers, Mosquitoes, Gangeriots(whatever the mascot would have been) taken the field, it would have been exciting, to be able to have the entire community getting behind the kids, and seeing Stallworth with 7500-10000 people at home games Bc the team is in the hunt every year, but instead our kids play in front of empty stadiums, unless on the road, Bc 3-7, 1-9, those kind of records don’t beg for exitemnt that you need to put butts in the seats. Just dealin in facts, but Cinderella is always looking for a date, and I’m counting on her to give our boys a chance for the next 4 years. As long as ur prepared to go without a date to the dance, the let down doesn’t sting near as bad, as holdin on to false hopes, that we have to convince ourselves are actually feasible. 

9 hours ago, N8_44 said:

I won’t dispute what ur saying Bc I’m pretty sure it’s accurate information. My response however, is how can you disagree with me, given the fact there’s never been playoff run in school history. Early in the program history  they strung a few seasons together, and won multiple district games and got to the playoffs, the last being in 2013, and have had 4 play off games in school history without a playoff win. 11 varsity football seasons, zero playoff wins. Sterling has been to the playoffs 1 time since 1986, when they got beat by WOS in the dome, in 1972, their 4th year of Football, they played Odessa Permian for the state championship and got beat. Not too many people know that. Then 10 yrs later in 82’ they lost to the Jerry Ball bruins form WB, but after losing on penetrations to wOS in 86, their run was done, and for 35 years it hasn’t changed. and lee had a good run under Olin in the late 90s early 2000s, but haven’t sniffed the postseason since. So going strictly by program history, with the exception of a couple good seasons here and there(years ago) combined by all the public schools in Baytown. There’s NOTHING that suggests, any kind of sustainability for a constant winner in football, for any of the 3. 

Im not being a pessimist or bad mouthing any coaches or players, I have nothing bad to say about their effort or dedication, it’s the demographics, strictly a numbers issue, and it always will be with 3 schools in a city the size of Baytown. Had we gone to 1 school, and the Baytown Memorial Oilers, Mosquitoes, Gangeriots(whatever the mascot would have been) taken the field, it would have been exciting, to be able to have the entire community getting behind the kids, and seeing Stallworth with 7500-10000 people at home games Bc the team is in the hunt every year, but instead our kids play in front of empty stadiums, unless on the road, Bc 3-7, 1-9, those kind of records don’t beg for exitemnt that you need to put butts in the seats. Just dealin in facts, but Cinderella is always looking for a date, and I’m counting on her to give our boys a chance for the next 4 years. As long as ur prepared to go without a date to the dance, the let down doesn’t sting near as bad, as holdin on to false hopes, that we have to convince ourselves are actually feasible. 

GCM has never won a playoff football game. Should have beaten Central in 2009, but had some big plays called back and fumbled an option pitch inside the 20 (my son was the one who made the option pitch). Being the 4 seed is a tough road- for any team.

That being said, they have enough talent to "compete" for a playoff spot. Probably not win the district, but they should compete.

Of course, one high school would have helped considerably. There is enough football talent in Baytown to win some games. Don't get me wrong, it would not be a North Shore or Allen type of program, but it would give us a chance.

FWIW: Goose Creek Roughnecks, Black and Silver, Silver Oilers' derrick on a black helmet. They should have just asked me.

24 minutes ago, N8_44 said:

That’s Bc there isn’t a list, they already have their guy, and they are only interviewing paper candidates they have no intention of hiring. Isnt there a law that requires them to interview so many people, or am I wrong about that?(FYI I have no clue who or how many people they are interviewing, just my best guest)

I feel pretty confident that your assessment is inaccurate. 

Received applications

Joaquin Escobar Co-Offensive Coordinator San Antonio Jay

JD Jordan Co-Coordinator Special Teams Humble Summer Creek

John Arnett Run Game Coordinator Humble Summer Creek

Chris Babin AD/Head Coach Lumberton

Sheldon Bennight Special teams Coordinator North Shore

Thomas Dunson Defensive Analyst U of H

Keith Hendrix former head coach Cleveland

Daryl Hobbs AD/Head Coach Houston Pro-Vision

John Killough Offensive Coordinaor The Colony

Wade Oliphant Offensive Coordinator George Ranch

Ty Robinson AD/Head Coach Woodville

Clayton Sims Assistant Coach Dayton

Jason Speights Former Head coach Anahuac

Shaun Tarantola Offensive Coordinator McAllen Rowe

Mark Crooms Defensive Coordinator Dickinson

Jackson Tarr Assistant Head coach Hightower

James McDaniel Defensive Coordinator Wagner

Marcus Prior Offensive Coordinator Alief Taylor

Joaquin Garcia Defensive Coordinator Conroe

Jeremy Staehlin Defensive Coordinator Pasadena

Scott Svendsen Offensive Coordinator Alvarado

Daron Mann Co-Offensive Coordinator Cedar Hill

Tomas De La Rosa Offensive Coordinator Hastings

Seth Harris Co-Offensive Coordinator Friendswood

Tory Ryan Offensive Coordinator Mater Dei (NJ)

Jeff Nelson Assistant Coach Beaumont United

Trey Hermann Offensive Coordinator HISD Heights

Michael Brewster Assistant Coach Adams State

Brian Kozma Offensive Coordinator Liberty Hill

Robert Ramsay Head Coach Mandarin (FL)

Louis Rodriguez Offensive Coordinator Bishop Gorman (NV)

Dylan Conway Offensive Coordinator Ingelside

Adam Naron Offensive Coordinator Frisco Reedy

Judd Trash Former Head coach MacGregor

Daniel Ragsdale Assistant Coach North Shore

Blake Ware Offensive Coordinator New Caney

Jared Taylor Head Coach Huguenot H.S. (VA)

Bryan Wilson Passing Coordinator South Grand Prairie

Marlon Byrdsong Defensive Coordinator Liberty Eylau

Derrick Earthly Teacher HISD Heights

Gerald Cole Offensive Coordinator Pasadena Memorial

Dimitri Gazelas Defensive Coordinator CE King

Oji Fagen Offensive Coordinator FB Marshall

Tristan Randal Wide receiver Coach Alief Taylor

Kirk Botkin Defensive Coordinator Spring DeKaney

James Showers Former Head coach Aldine Davis

Mike Arogbonlo Offensive Coordinator Fort Bend Travis

Ricky Lock AD/Head Coach SA Southside

Teddy Carrier AD/Head Coach Kingsville

Matt Cook Special teams coach Joshua

Erik Hartman Offensive Coordinator Glen Rose

Derrell Oliver Co-Offensive Coordinator Richardson Berkner

Noe Pena Special teams coordinator Galena Park

Michael Mason AD/Head Coach Danbury

Patrick Stambler Assistant Coach Nevada Community H.S.

Kenneth Johnson Offensive Coordinator Richmond Foster

Eric Thompson Offensive Coordinator HISD Austin

Cirilo Ojeda Offensive Coordinator Clear Springs

Alvin Dotson Defensive Coordinator Sterling

Robert “Bobby” Locke Offensive Coordinator Goose Creek Memorial

Ryan George AD/Head Coach Goshen (OH)

Patrick Sanders Defensive Coordinator Deer Park

Shawn Halloran Athletic Director Dallas Bishop Lynch

Larry Haynes AD/Head Coach Hardin

Dwane Dever Offensive line Coach Aldine Eisenhower

Blake Besselman CC/Head Coach Houston Sam Houston

Ben Delgado Defensive end Coach North Forney

Eddie Gill AD/Head Coach Whitesboro

Jeff King Defensive Coordinator Galena Park

Shannon Carter Defensive Coordinator Cinco Ranch

Robert Espinosa Offensive Coordinator Pasadena Sam Rayburn

Dusty Ortiz Defensive Coordinator Keller Timber Creek

Keylon Kincade AD/Head Coach Winona

21 hours ago, LC-M said:

Lumberton and Woodville folks are about to be upset if they lose there coach. 

I was kind of thinking the same thing.  Seems like a good list of candidates though. 

Soulja, you see Jeff Nelson, who actually never coached football at Beaumont United but was the last head coach of Beaumont Central is on the list?