Bridge City ineligible player ???

WO-S 89

13 minutes ago, Cardinals1661 said:

I would think that it would be very hard to prove how many games someone has played on jv.  Some schools do not keep books for under level games.  Im not even really sure how you would prove if they played or did not play in a JV game as far as I know there is not a record kept for that.

I agree!

I understand rules are made to be followed. My question is...Is being a courtesy runner actually entering the game? That person doesn't show up in the scorebook and is eligible to hit or enter the game to play a position but a pinch runner can not. Also, when a player enters the game to hit or play a position then they are no longer eligible to courtesy run.

Now, what I do know. Someone sent an anonymous letter to point out the horrible act on BC part. Congratulations on your participation trophy! Why be anonymous for this brave act of valour? Did BC win a close game because this courtesy runner beat the throw home to score the winning run? I can answer that...no! Someone spent a lot of time scrolling back through an APP to put the screws to a group of good kids that have worked their butts off to get to where they are. Maybe instead of investing so much time on your phone/computer, invest that time in your kid/team. Why be anonymous? Take credit for your wonderful find or polish that participation trophy! Good luck to all the area teams in the playoffs. Some team just gets to see BC early than they want.

10 minutes ago, SWAT34 said:

I understand rules are made to be followed. My question is...Is being a courtesy runner actually entering the game? That person doesn't show up in the scorebook and is eligible to hit or enter the game to play a position but a pinch runner can not. Also, when a player enters the game to hit or play a position then they are no longer eligible to courtesy run.

Now, what I do know. Someone sent an anonymous letter to point out the horrible act on BC part. Congratulations on your participation trophy! Why be anonymous for this brave act of valour? Did BC win a close game because this courtesy runner beat the throw home to score the winning run? I can answer that...no! Someone spent a lot of time scrolling back through an APP to put the screws to a group of good of kids that have worked their butts off to get to where they are. Maybe instead of investing so much time on your phone/computer, invest that time in your kid/team. Why be anonymous? Take credit for your wonderful find or polish that participation trophy! Good luck to all the area teams in the playoffs. Some team just gets to see BC early than they want.

Rules are rules ... he knew it ... he broke it ... now has to deal with it... your right probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway ...what type of message are you sending  the kids ... hey it’s ok to break the rules as long as you don’t get caught ....

I just feel bad for the players who have worked hard this season and have been playing great ball 

32 minutes ago, LCM Softball 14 said:

Bingo!

It shouldn't matter who said it. If a team is breaking the rules they should face the consequences. The coaches know the rules and I'm sure the rule wasn't broken on purpose. A coach like that wouldn't put a good team like BC in a position to possibly have to forfeit games. It just happened and someone happened to come out and say something.

Absolutely! Coach should know better and team should be punished! Why be anonymous is my question. Just seems vindictive.

For the record... I don't think the coach broke the rules on purpose and the kids had no idea. So there is no message from the coach to the kids about hiding cheating. But, if you can't beat them, hide behind an anonymous letter... that's what I'd teach my kid!

8 minutes ago, SWAT34 said:

Absolutely! Coach should know better and team should be punished! Why be anonymous is my question. Just seems vindictive.

For the record... I don't think the coach broke the rules on purpose and the kids had no idea. So there is no message from the coach to the kids about hiding cheating. But, if you can't beat them, hide behind an anonymous letter... that's what I'd teach my kid!

Ok ... I’m sure he didn’t know the rules... all is forgiven 

A couple of honest observations.....

There isn’t any team in the area that is 100% completely clean. I’d be willing to bet a spare 100 bucks that if you put a clock on most any sport that they actually practice longer in a week than what UIL allows. That’s breaking rules but nobody really worries about it. Just like what’s going with BC, nobody worried about that until it meant they (the reporters) gained an advantage. 

I am all for calling someone to task if they were “overusing” a kid by playing too many games. For example, pitching too many innings and jeopardizing their health. Calling up a kid from JV to run bases on occasion doesn’t do that in my mind despite what others may think. Before anyone piles on I understand there are rules and they are to be followed. I also understand that folks who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Lastly, for those who report anonymously.......

“what is done in the dark will always come to light”. 

Eventually it will all come out and we will  find out if those who reported did so maliciously or in the true spirit of the rule.

Respectfully,

Rake1

19 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

Ok ... I’m sure he didn’t know the rules... all is forgiven 

Nope not all should be forgiven. Kids are punished by a coward adult is how I look at it. You may see different...each can have their own opinion.

Amen Rake 1! Couldn't have said it better.

I personally don't think the team should be punished... Maybe Coach suspended for a few games, something along those lines. I agree most of the kids do not know the rules, But coach does. Did a pinch runner or whatever make an impact on the games probably not... They won the games simple fact they are the better team... Its a dumb rule but still  a rule