Bridge City ineligible player ???

WO-S 89

48 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I've heard that kind of talk since I attended there in the mid 80's.  This is despite the fact all of those kids who were supposedly recruited are sons, brothers, cousins or nephews of folks I attended WO-S with.  They want to say that to somehow dismiss WO-S' success or to explain their school's failure.

It has been a failure no doubt. My relative was on one of the LCM teams that Beat WOS. But they only took 2 to playoffs and LCM had good team that year. To my knowledge LCM has had only 3 good football teams and the rest has been average. For the people that say LCM football fans  don’t want a good football team that is far from the truth. They want to be competitive with WOS just lack a few things. Since the past superintendent has retired I’m hoping to see a change in the athletic program.    This upcoming LCM will have 20 plus kids back let’s see what Crouch can do. 

32 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

*Breaking News*

Due to extremely high web traffic recently and a record-breaking amount of downloads, SETXSPORTS will now be...GameChangerSETXSPORTSForum.

Speaking of which, I now notice that you now need team admin permission to view the BC JV info, LOL!

Chester86, We all agree with you bud.

Seriously, As entertaining as this post has been...My heart does go out to all involved. This stinks for everyone...a team that is punished for something they had no control of, a Coach who may have unintentionally made an honest mistake, another Coach who could "possibly" be guilty of treachery, a third team who was "possibly" named District Champs without "earning" it, or maybe even an upper-classmen on a team that is catching flak for a parent that could've "possibly" done the unthinkable. It's run it's course and it will be what it is. No matter what color you wear, we're all the same...EVERY SINGLE kid in that district worked their tail off to be the best they could, EVERY underpaid Coach that put his/her heart and soul into their program, EVERY parent who sacrificed everything for their kiddo...please just take a second and realize what it's all about. We all want the very best for our own and we're proud. And this site is a great platform to brag and showcase all the great things mentioned above...I understand that there will be strong feelings about this topic...all the way around. I sincerely wish every single player, team,coach and parent involved, the very best. Y'all go and make our area proud in the playoffs...Please don't let this mess define your season.

32 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t see why so many folks are upset.   A clear violation of a clearly stated rule was committed.  If the coach truly didn’t know he was violating a rule, he definitely should have.  He deserves the blame, not whoever reported it.  

Exactly BC coach is to blame nobody else.  I think BC needs to loss on purpose tomorrow to avoid Sweeney in rd 2. Going 3 rds in better than 2rds.  Lol

Guest ECBucFan

No dog in this hunt. I like to "zoom out" and gain perspective. My take is rules were violated, whoever turned them in. A very minor violation at that, but it has to be enfored due to the fact it provides a DETERRANCE element for the future for everyone. BC can use this to their advantage. BC playing with the proverbial chip on the shoulder is a good thing.

Now, putting it all in perspective, I doubt any district games out come was altered by a courtesy runner. Probably no advantaged was really gained. If you want to see real unfair advantages, though, look no further than the "transfer for athletic purposes" epidemic that goes on ignored, unchecked, and unenforced, primarially in football and basketball across the state. Focus on that, instead of overreacting to BC's technical violation in a few baseball games.       

15 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Chester86, We all agree with you bud.

Seriously, As entertaining as this post has been...My heart does go out to all involved. This stinks for everyone...a team that is punished for something they had no control of, a Coach who may have unintentionally made an honest mistake, another Coach who could "possibly" be guilty of treachery, a third team who was "possibly" named District Champs without "earning" it, or maybe even an upper-classmen on a team that is catching flak for a parent that could've "possibly" done the unthinkable. It's run it's course and it will be what it is. No matter what color you wear, we're all the same...EVERY SINGLE kid in that district worked their tail off to be the best they could, EVERY underpaid Coach that put his/her heart and soul into their program, EVERY parent who sacrificed everything for their kiddo...please just take a second and realize what it's all about. We all want the very best for our own and we're proud. And this site is a great platform to brag and showcase all the great things mentioned above...I understand that there will be strong feelings about this topic...all the way around. I sincerely wish every single player, team,coach and parent involved, the very best. Y'all go and make our area proud in the playoffs...Please don't let this mess define your season.

This mess DOES define every team in the districts season.  The people that say (it does not matter who turned them in) are wrong.

If this was a coach (and it was) then the coach strategically placed BC in 3rd by the timing of the reporting.  As Grad posted earlier the UIL rules mandate that a reported infraction be reported in a timely manner.  As detailed of a report that was said to have been turned in, the reporter knew exactly when the infraction occurred which was 3 games prior to the reporting. (Interesting fact) and illegal to do so. 

The Coach who blew the whistle has ( strategically) changed the entire makeup of the district.  And in turn changed the state playoffs.  It is a BIG DEAL.  it was illegal to report late and (a more egregious rule broken than a courtesy runner) This decision and timing had major impact on 4A Baseball in this State.  It was dirty. It was deliberate. 

So it matters who turned it in as anonymous.  It is cowardly to turn it in as anonymous.  It is a reach to think BC self reported.  It is a reach to think a parent reported.    

17 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

This mess DOES define every team in the districts season.  The people that say (it does not matter who turned them in) are wrong.

If this was a coach (and it was) then the coach strategically placed BC in 3rd by the timing of the reporting.  As Grad posted earlier the UIL rules mandate that a reported infraction be reported in a timely manner.  As detailed of a report that was said to have been turned in, the reporter knew exactly when the infraction occurred which was 3 games prior to the reporting. (Interesting fact) and illegal to do so. 

The Coach who blew the whistle has ( strategically) changed the entire makeup of the district.  And in turn changed the state playoffs.  It is a BIG DEAL.  it was illegal to report late and (a more egregious rule broken than a courtesy runner) This decision and timing had major impact on 4A Baseball in this State.  It was dirty. It was deliberate. 

So it matters who turned it in as anonymous.  It is cowardly to turn it in as anonymous.  It is a reach to think BC self reported.  It is a reach to think a parent reported.    

lol if anything it hurt the other teams in the district so BC can avoid Sweeny until later

57 minutes ago, Critter said:

Why does everybody assume that BC is trying to avoid Sweeny?  Does BC not even have a chance against them? I mean, if you look at their district they are the only team that's over .500 in total records this year.  I'm not saying that Sweeny isn't good but BC is also good.  I'm hoping for some good playoffs baseball.

It is not BC trying to avoid Sweeny.  The coach trying to avoid sweeny is named Mr. Anonymous. 

8 hours ago, Critter said:

Why does everybody assume that BC is trying to avoid Sweeny?  Does BC not even have a chance against them? I mean, if you look at their district they are the only team that's over .500 in total records this year.  I'm not saying that Sweeny isn't good but BC is also good.  I'm hoping for some good playoffs baseball.

They’re 21-7 and undefeated in an awful district.  I’m with you.  Admittedly, I don’t follow baseball very closely, but I expected them to be more like 27-1 the way everyone has been talking about them.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

They’re 21-7 and undefeated in an awful district.  I’m with you.  Admittedly, I don’t follow baseball very closely, but I expected them to be more like 27-1 the way everyone has been talking about them.  

I think BC will beat them.... that hurts my heart to say that... BC was the best in a good district. BC in 3 games

15 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Sweeny  lost to :

21-4 - Fulshear - Top 15 4A 

18-8 - Pearland Dawson - 6A playoff team

21-11 - Kingwood Park - 5A Playoff team

23-6 - Ft. Bend Travis - 6A playoff team

21-7 - Episcopal - Basically the old Bellaire High (traditional powerhouse)

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Sweeny  lost to :

last year they beat teams of that quality 5A and 6A teams, so if they turned it on, they could be the best team in the state not named Argyle but as of today BC, is just as good if not better

8 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Sweeny  lost to :

Name the other teams that they lost tooo... I can’t seem to remember who they were.

2 quick thoughts:

1. Only blame falls on the coach. For the six years that I have been at Hasting's, we have had to use sophomore team players to help fill out the JV roster.

You count the number of games and rotate players.  We have never had someone play over the limit.

2. If you know you have violated a rule, you are "required" to self report.  If you read "The Leaguer", you see a lot of instances of self reporting.