Notre Dame burning

PhatMack19

Over the past three years French churches have become the target of vandals and criminals with an average of almost three churches targeted for vandalism per day.

A report from the Central Criminal Intelligence Service of the gendarmerie noted that from 2016 to 2018 there had been thousands of cases of church vandalism, peaking in 2017 with 1,045 cases, Le Figaro reports.

According to the French Interior Ministry, when cemeteries and other sites are taken into consideration, the number of acts of vandalism rose to 1,063 in 2018.

Earlier this year, in one week alone, in a detestable case of anti-Christian vandalism, France saw twelve churches vandalised, including attackers attempting to set fire to the church of Saint-Sulpice in Paris.
In Nimes, an even more heinous attack occurred, with vandals smearing feces on the wall of the church of Notre-Dame des Enfants and stealing objects from the altar.

In March, the over 800-year-old Basilica of Saint-Denis in the now heavily migrant-populated suburbs of Paris was also vandalised, with the basilica's organ being heavily damaged and stained glass windows were broken.

Thefts of religious objects have increased since 2016, rising from 121 to 129 in 2018. According to the gendarmes, the robberies are mostly opportunistic because churches are often an easy target. A chalice can be sold for anything between 200 to 2 000 euros.
French authorities arrested a pair of Romanian migrants last year who were suspected to be behind a number of church thefts in both Paris and the suburbs of the city. The pair had allegedly stolen up to 70 000 euros worth of property.

32 minutes ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

Lmao at Trumps dumb tweet

Many people are questioning why it took over 2 hours for fireman to get water on the fire.  Most major cities have plans to fight fires at their major buildings and this one didn’t seem to go so well.  

Now they are saying that most of the priceless artifacts have been saved.  Maybe the first responders were getting stuff out of the building instead of fighting the fire.  That would be somewhat understandable if that decision was made.  

#Breaking: Just in - French Media confirms there were no construction workers at the time of the fire at the cathédrale Notre-Dame de #Paris. #NotreDame #France. Also the church was also closed at the time of the fire. So nothing was going on the church.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the hidden content, please

FOX has had several they were interviewing start to mention the recent atrocities against Catholic Churches in France, and Shepherd Smith and Neil Cavuto have cut them off in mid-sentence.  I’ve never seen anything like it.  They’re scared sh-tless that someone will imply it might be terrorism.  Why is that?  Why are they so concerned about protecting the reputation of Muslims while an icon of Christendom is being destroyed.  I would expect this from CNN & MSNBC or any other MSM, but what’s up with FOX?  It seems to me that the other desecrations are relevant.  What am I missing?

12 minutes ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

Really? That’s what you took away from that? That’s sad. Mad because Fox isn’t immediately jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers. 

Au contraire VSEO.  I merely pointed out that they refused to mention previous desecrations. Not to jump to conclusions, as CNN, The WaPo, and most MSM did with the kids from Kentucky in DC (which to my knowledge, you never condemned), but to discuss facts that are germane to the story.  Is that all you got from my post?  That’s sad.

4 minutes ago, VeryStableEnlightenedOne said:

You’re only half enlightened . To get full enlightened (like me) you have to turn off Fox as well 

The only weekly News I record and watch daily is CBS.  It’s about all the Liberal I can stand.

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

I recently read terrorism and foul play have been ruled out. 

Fire is still burning.  How amazing that some have already decided the cause.  I’m convinced that accidental fire will be the announced reason, no matter what the reason.  Btw, I’ll be the most shocked person in the world if they Official proclaim it was terrorism.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Fire is still burning.  How amazing that some have already decided the cause.  I’m convinced that accidental fire will be the announced reason, no matter what the reason.  Btw, I’ll be the most shocked person in the world if they Official proclaim it was terrorism.

I agree.  There is no way they know for sure what caused this fire as of now.  They have already stated that no workers were there at the time.