Game of Thrones Final Season Starts Tonight

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

Here’s how I got hooked (without HBO).  Family member kept hearing about it. While on a business trip, watched an episode.  Being intrigued, he bought the first season on DVD.  After watching, and warning it was a little risqué, he gave it to us.  Me, being disappointed so many times in shows/series that were suppose to be great, started it with skepticism.  In this case, bam we were hooked.  We bought the second season.  Fortunately, most of the risqué was gone, but the story was there.  And what a story.  We gobbled them up, like eating popcorn.  Had HBO one year, but still bought the series.  Don’t have it now, but HBO is giving free viewing this weekend on Direct TV.  We plan to watch season 7 today to refresh our old brains.  Alas, after that, we’ll eagerly await the final season coming out on DVD.  Great show that I really, really, hate to see end.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 0:36 PM, mat said:

It was good but too dark to follow well.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, Bandwagon Ranger said:

"The Long Night" was incredible. Edge of your seat. 

This is the hidden content, please

I've seen a lot of complaints about the lighting.  And I completely get it and also get why it was done that way.  You really did get the intensity of what was done by the way it was shot.  At the same time, it would have been nice to be able to follow some of the fighting better by actually being able to see better what was going on.  All in all though, I don't know that I've ever seen a better hour and a half of television.

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I've seen a lot of complaints about the lighting.  And I completely get it and also get why it was done that way.  You really did get the intensity of what was done by the way it was shot.  At the same time, it would have been nice to be able to follow some of the fighting better by actually being able to see better what was going on.  All in all though, I don't know that I've ever seen a better hour and a half of television.

The problem comes from how they film the show and then compressing the file to fit on the tv screen. The compression causes the background to appeared blurred at times.Really would have been better in a theater. Not bothered by the darkness, That was how it was intended.

They are getting a ton of grief about how the show is ending. I think it's awesome. We have no idea who will sit on the Iron Throne. That's how it's supposed to be.