Bridge City at Hardin-Jefferson/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, STiger85 said:

So, they didn't play on Friday, that was fine, and rescheduled for Saturday, that everyone in Texas knew wouldn't be played, now they are playing on Tuesday, a back-to-back game. BC plays LCM on Monday and HJ plays WOS. 

i am pretty sure HJ pulled a fast one on BC

HJ didn't want to play without one of their best players from what I was told.  Player was ejected from the Lumberton game and had to serve a 1 game suspension and they wanted him for the BC game.  Can't see how the field was wet but for sure there were playable fields, it all comes down to pushing it so BC would be taxed this week on pitching having to face LCM and HJ back to back.  Also letting their player serve his suspension vs West Orange and rest an arm.

BC came out and put up 4 quick, they were ready to play tonight and that set the tone.  HJ even had the ump warn the BC dugout to tone it down but HJ was relentless during their at bats vs Havard.  Didn't seem to phase him striking out 10 tonight.

Big crowd tonight and lots of media there as well.

2 hours ago, MJB said:

HJ didn't want to play without one of their best players from what I was told.  Player was ejected from the Lumberton game and had to serve a 1 game suspension and they wanted him for the BC game.  Can't see how the field was wet but for sure there were playable fields, it all comes down to pushing it so BC would be taxed this week on pitching having to face LCM and HJ back to back.  Also letting their player serve his suspension vs West Orange and rest an arm.

BC came out and put up 4 quick, they were ready to play tonight and that set the tone.  HJ even had the ump warn the BC dugout to tone it down but HJ was relentless during their at bats vs Havard.  Didn't seem to phase him striking out 10 tonight.

Big crowd tonight and lots of media there as well.

this does not surprise me. i am shocked BC let them get away with this.