Vidor Turf

Hagar

Happened over Vidor way today, so drove by the stadium.  I’m not sure of the process in this new artificial turf technology, but the grass is gone.  I saw dirt on the field, but don’t know if it’s artificial, or regular dirt.   Didn’t see anyone working.  Perhaps they planted artificial grass and they’re waiting for it to sprout?  If the artificial turf contractor takes all the money, but doesn’t finish the job, is that called artificial insemination?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 9:01 AM, Past Pirate said:

Anyone know the timeline for completion? Hearing rumors they don’t think it will be done by the first game. 

I have been told from an individual who works there, and in the athletics department, that it will be done by then.  

I drove by there last Friday and they're moving pretty quickly now. 

14 hours ago, Realville said:

Everything seems to be moving along on schedule from what I’ve been told. First home game isn’t until 13 September. Our first game is away against Montgomery. Ready for some Football!!

But Vidor hosts a scrimmage against Silsbee the first week of scrimmages (Aug. 16)

I know they were already out there working at 5:30 this morning when I was headed to the gym. All the stadium lights were on and they were out there. By the time I took my daughter to the school for volleyball, they were out there pouring concrete under the scoreboard and laying down another layer of whatever rock/slag that is on the field. 

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But Vidor hosts a scrimmage against Silsbee the first week of scrimmages (Aug. 16)

Worse case scenario they’ll play the scrimmages at the Junior High Field if the turf is not ready. The Turf field is on schedule to be ready for the first home game. Don’t know about the scrimmages.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Seems like we always scrimmaged at the old Junior High.

We’ve had scrimmages at the High School Stadium in the past when it was dry enough but they usually get moved to the Junior High to keep the High School Field from being torn up before the regular season got started. With the new Turf that want be an issue anymore.

This is the picture that Realville was trying to post.  It is from a couple of weeks ago.  If memory from the WO-S turf serves correctly, the turf is about to be laid at Vidor, if it hasn't started already.

Sure, it won't be ready by the Silsbee scrimmage, but it may be ready to go by the time the Mustangs hit town.

Vidorurf.png

• 3 weeks later...