Vidor Turf

Hagar

On 4/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, Uncle Pig said:

About 10 years too late on both schools getting turf; back to my point that while its 2019 in most parts of Texas, it’s still 2001 in the 409

On 4/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, Uncle Pig said:

About 10 years too late on both schools getting turf; back to my point that while its 2019 in most parts of Texas, it’s still 2001 in the 409

Or maybe y’all were 10 years too early, Lol! Just trying to live within our means.  Don’t want end to up like Crosby, the Mecca of Football! :)

7 hours ago, Michele said:

Glad y'all getting turf, will be nice improvement.  Any word if improved parking is on the agenda for near future?

Haven’t heard anything but I’d assume at some point they would add parking where all the portable buildings are that are currently housing our 5th graders and Oak Forest Elementary due to Harvey. Our 6th graders are at the Junior High with the 7th and 8th graders.  FEMA funding is tied up in that situation to get a new middle school and a new Oak Forest Elementary. Our schools are just as old as Nederlands so we feel y’all’s pain. It’ll eventually get worked out. Good Luck passing that bond.

16 hours ago, Realville said:

Haven’t heard anything but I’d assume at some point they would add parking where all the portable buildings are that are currently housing our 5th graders and Oak Forest Elementary due to Harvey. Our 6th graders are at the Junior High with the 7th and 8th graders.  FEMA funding is tied up in that situation to get a new middle school and a new Oak Forest Elementary. Our schools are just as old as Nederlands so we feel y’all’s pain. It’ll eventually get worked out. Good Luck passing that bond.

Thanks.  You guys been through a lot.  Hope the turf is installed in time for football season.  I know those kids have got to be excited.  FEMA is taking their sweet time on getting you guys the help you need, but I know it will all get worked out for ya.

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Thanks.  You guys been through a lot.  Hope the turf is installed in time for football season.  I know those kids have got to be excited.  FEMA is taking their sweet time on getting you guys the help you need, but I know it will all get worked out for ya.

The turf is suppose to be finished by August weather permitting but you know how that goes in Southeast Texas! And yes all the kids are pumped. All Junior High and High School Football games will be played on it including Soccer. Come on Football Season!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, Realville said:

Believe me they’re already getting the word out on social media an they will be voting Yes! They’ve been pushing for new schools and a new field for Years! 

Every little bit helped.  Thank goodness both proposals passed.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Anyone know if and when they are suppose to start laying down the turf? Someone had to do progress pics for us as time goes on with the project 

Supposed to start sometime after school let out and be finished before they return to school in August.  So, lots of time to work with, but no clue if they've started yet or not. 

I was just at the High School earlier but didn't even think about driving back there to see if they are working yet or not. 

2 hours ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

Supposed to start sometime after school let out and be finished before they return to school in August.  So, lots of time to work with, but no clue if they've started yet or not. 

I was just at the High School earlier but didn't even think about driving back there to see if they are working yet or not. 

Can't wait to see the finished product... 

7 minutes ago, vidor96pirates said:

The last time i drove by there a couple of weeks ago they had everything all dug up.  I'm not sure what the process is but I guess they would have to level the ground and then start the slab. 

Are they using the same folks who did the WOS field? 

40 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Have no idea what they’re putting in the center of the football field, but they’ll have to get fancy to beat the guy (now retired I hear) who used to paint it for HC.  He was very good.

Oh!  It has to be a Pirate flag.