Who will be the favorite to make it to state next season

BADSANTA

There is also a running back that will be outstanding. If Newton can develop a middle linebacker and QB, they will make a run. Will not have the dept. that we had last year so Newton's run will depend on staying healthy. I look to see a new QB that will be pretty good.

We don’t move up freshman very often. Newton has a very good defense returning . Slyvester 6’5 230 is the top recruited player in Setx. ,Watson,Gulley & DT 6’2 260 Clark all have FCS offers. Offense returns two big lineman Burnaman led the team in pancakes last season and Amburn 6’5 290. DB/WR Seastruck (Caught game winning pick is returning , him and RB Fowler return both have FCS offers. Nate Williams takes over at QB, he has good speed and has a great arm , brother of Noah willians 2017 state game mvp on offense . Nate is a Baseball star and has great accuracy throwing the football, got a lot of work during regular Season, Also plays DB. Newton did lose the star freshman RB that showed promise during playoffs( moved to Galveston) but Dillion Brown is a Freshman , brother of Tamauzia. 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:10 AM, urban_meyer said:

I’m just saying , y’all better watch out. I heard they have a damn good quarterback coming up that’s lights out!! 

If they keep the same offense, it doesn't matter how good the quarterback is. BC needs to open it up.

• 2 weeks later...

The Jasper Bulldogs will make a run this year. If the coaches use the talent right and the team stay healthy they will win state. They have somewhere between 30-40 players coming back. Only lost the QB and FS in which the 3 kids battling for the QB position can run and throw better than the last QB. As far as FS there are a number of great options. This team is hungry. Keep your eyes open and have your popcorn handy. 

16 minutes ago, bluechippa75 said:

The Jasper Bulldogs will make a run this year. If the coaches use the talent right and the team stay healthy they will win state. They have somewhere between 30-40 players coming back. Only lost the QB and FS in which the 3 kids battling for the QB position can run and throw better than the last QB. As far as FS there are a number of great options. This team is hungry. Keep your eyes open and have your popcorn handy. 

"Eyes rolled"

On 5/1/2019 at 8:13 AM, Back2swag said:

We don’t move up freshman very often. Newton has a very good defense returning . Slyvester 6’5 230 is the top recruited player in Setx. ,Watson,Gulley & DT 6’2 260 Clark all have FCS offers. Offense returns two big lineman Burnaman led the team in pancakes last season and Amburn 6’5 290. DB/WR Seastruck (Caught game winning pick is returning , him and RB Fowler return both have FCS offers. Nate Williams takes over at QB, he has good speed and has a great arm , brother of Noah willians 2017 state game mvp on offense . Nate is a Baseball star and has great accuracy throwing the football, got a lot of work during regular Season, Also plays DB. Newton did lose the star freshman RB that showed promise during playoffs( moved to Galveston) but Dillion Brown is a Freshman , brother of Tamauzia. 

Anybody know if that was  the Gatson kid, if so I'm disappointed to hear that.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, STiger85 said:

Silsbee should have another good year, I see them making the Regional Finals even on to State Semi. Got a good bit coming back and have a good bit to reload. No step for a stepper. 

Only someone from Silsbee would say that. Not evaluating the potential of the team. 

Silsbee will return Chris Martin 1400 yards, Taylor 1300 yards and Arline 800 yards just in the backfield. Along, with another year u drr Center for the QB Foster, Silsbee should be solid. They did lose alot on the OL and defense which may take a while to get figured out. I expect Silsbee to make at least a run to the 4th round. 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, purpleeagle said:

Yes, it was the Gatson Kid. Newton has another man that may play QB (Seastrunk) and he can run and throw. He is a very accurate passer and can run the offense. We also have a big running back moving up.

Aw man, I sure was looking forward to watching that young-un play this year. It is ironic that you mention Seastrunk though, my son and I was wondering if they had anyone who could compete for quarterback. 

Thanks for the info, keep it coming.

• 2 weeks later...