Who will be the favorite to make it to state next season

BADSANTA

If Newton gets the right head coach( Local coach which is already coaching at Newton) then Newton will make a run. If they get someone from outside, then the Newton coaching program will probably be destroyed. I do not think the SB will allow this to happen. The Newton players have bought into a program and that program needs to continue on. That's what the kids want and will accept.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, purpleeagle said:

If Newton gets the right head coach( Local coach which is already coaching at Newton) then Newton will make a run. If they get someone from outside, then the Newton coaching program will probably be destroyed. I do not think the SB will allow this to happen. The Newton players have bought into a program and that program needs to continue on. That's what the kids want and will accept.

Why would you think it would be ruined if they hired someone other than a Newton guy? There is nothing wrong with change every once in a while. 

1 hour ago, EaglesFootball said:

Why would you think it would be ruined if they hired someone other than a Newton guy? There is nothing wrong with change every once in a while. 

Or you could go outside and still hire a Newton guy. That's the choice I'd make. He wouldn't even have to move.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, purpleeagle said:

Didn't Newton just lose several kids to division one football schools?  If you think they'll be the same caliber team without them that they were with them... it might be a disappointing year for you.  Local coach or not.

13 minutes ago, Mav01 said:

How will the areas 5a d2s be next season, coming from a Marshall alum/fan.? Nederland, PNG, A&M Consolidated, Huntsville, Manvel Crosby? 

Just my opinion im more of 4a fan, Crosby has a coaching debacle. PNG will have a new QB and I believe Nederland lost some starters. ID probably lean PNG to win the district with Nederland 2nd.  Manvel is always athletic  and good. How good will Marshall be? Im thinking about going up there to watch that Carthage and Marshall game.

Marshall has about 9 starters back on D and 7/8 on offense. Including D1 qb JJ Green and 6'5 D1 wr Savion Williams. Lose 2 other D1 wrs to graduation. They will be part of a Netflix HS football documentary starting with spring practice and going through the entire season. Claude Mathis went back to Desoto this off season so we promoted the OC to Ad/HC. Jake Greidl was a part of the Lake Travis coaching staff that won state. Have a new DC that was previously the DC at 6a Waco Midway. Should be a fun season, and that Carthage game should be another barnburner. Hurts playing them right after 6a Longview Lobos. Last year we played Carthage after being smacked by lview and had ZERO team confidence. 

1 hour ago, Mav01 said:

Marshall has about 9 starters back on D and 7/8 on offense. Including D1 qb JJ Green and 6'5 D1 wr Savion Williams. Lose 2 other D1 wrs to graduation. They will be part of a Netflix HS football documentary starting with spring practice and going through the entire season. Claude Mathis went back to Desoto this off season so we promoted the OC to Ad/HC. Jake Greidl was a part of the Lake Travis coaching staff that won state. Have a new DC that was previously the DC at 6a Waco Midway. Should be a fun season, and that Carthage game should be another barnburner. Hurts playing them right after 6a Longview Lobos. Last year we played Carthage after being smacked by lview and had ZERO team confidence. 

Sounds like a deep run. I always pull for east Texas  teams no matter if they are north or south east

On 4/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, oldschool2 said:

Didn't Newton just lose several kids to division one football schools?  If you think they'll be the same caliber team without them that they were with them... it might be a disappointing year for you.  Local coach or not.

Lots of Talent coming up.  Just need the right OC.  There flirting with a good one. Just hope we can make it happen $