Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BADSANTA

BMT Enterprise Super Gold Teams Basketball

11 posts in this topic

I’m well aware of how difficult it is to narrow this down to five.  Virtually impossible.  Perhaps they should increase it to 10?  I know it may seem like it makes it less significant, but I wonder how many, like me, know a player and wonder, how did they keep him off.  Braden Bridges, from LCM, is one I think could’ve (should’ve?) been on there.  The kid is a shooter.  If you’re not in his face, he scores, and if you’re in his face, he still may score.  Jmo

And no, I don’t know the kid.  Wouldn’t recognize him if he walked up to me.  Just saw him a couple of games, and had a kid I know tell me he was the toughest guy he ever had to guard.  

Bear Cave likes this

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m well aware of how difficult it is to narrow this down to five.  Virtually impossible.  Perhaps they should increase it to 10?  I know it may seem like it makes it less significant, but I wonder how many, like me, know a player and wonder, how did they keep him off.  Braden Bridges, from LCM, is one I think could’ve (should’ve?) been on there.  The kid is a shooter.  If you’re not in his face, he scores, and if you’re in his face, he still may score.  Jmo

And no, I don’t know the kid.  Wouldn’t recognize him if he walked up to me.  Just saw him a couple of games, and had a kid I know tell me he was the toughest guy he ever had to guard.  

Very tough to limit it to 5.  They usually have a second team though which makes 10 who get honored.  At the same time, I also love that the Enterprise does it like the all NBA team and ONLY puts 5 on the first team.  A lot of all district teams for instance get watered down (as we’ve all talked about).  

Really like the Bridges kid’s game as well. The best player not on the team, however, in my opinion is McCain.  Incredible talented kid who affects the game in a multitude of ways.  

But I can’t argue against any of the 5 on the list.  And they absolutely got the MVP right with Adams. Good job by Meshach and the guys at the BE.  

ST413 and Hagar like this

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Very tough to limit it to 5.  They usually have a second team though which makes 10 who get honored.  At the same time, I also love that the Enterprise does it like the all NBA team and ONLY puts 5 on the first team.  A lot of all district teams for instance get watered down (as we’ve all talked about).  

Really like the Bridges kid’s game as well. The best player not on the team, however, in my opinion is McCain.  Incredible talented kid who affects the game in a multitude of ways.  

But I can’t argue against any of the 5 on the list.  And they absolutely got the MVP right with Adams. Good job by Meshach and the guys at the BE.  

I agree about watered down All District, but when looking at the whole area, at minimum a second team should be named.  Still a prestigious honor when you consider the number of great teams and players in the area.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:26 AM, Hagar said:

Braden was an average player on a bad team as a freshmen.  Fast forward three years and he's averaging just under 27 points a game...on a team that only averaged 55.  He is a prime example of a kid putting in the work and ending up as a really good player.  He is committed to Coach Stan Bonewitz at Concordia and should sign soon so we are excited to see what the future holds.

As far as not making the Super Gold First Team, the five they chose were all very deserving of the honor.  With that said, you could probably pick an entirely different five and they would still be deserving.  There a lot of really good players in our area this year.  I do think that if you're going to call something the First Team it leads one to believe that there will be a Second Team.  Why not just call it the Super Gold Team?

DXTR, TxHoops and Hagar like this

23 minutes ago, Bear Cave said:

Braden was an average player on a bad team as a freshmen.  Fast forward three years and he's averaging just under 27 points a game...on a team that only averaged 55.  He is a prime example of a kid putting in the work and ending up as a really good player.  He is committed to Coach Stan Bonewitz at Concordia and should sign soon so we are excited to see what the future holds.

As far as not making the Super Gold First Team, the five they chose were all very deserving of the honor.  With that said, you could probably pick an entirely different five and they would still be deserving.  There a lot of really good players in our area this year.  I do think that if you're going to call something the First Team it leads one to believe that there will be a Second Team.  Why not just call it the Super Gold Team?

I agree 100%.  The first 5 are great, and again, it’s virtually impossible to narrow it down to 5.

Glad Braden’s getting a shot.  I heard he works his tale off.  Well deserved, and best of luck to him, and all the other great basketball players in our area getting to play at the next level.