Newton Football 2019

BADSANTA

• 1 month later...

Juniors in their program have practiced for 12 weeks of playoffs the last 2 years. 3-4 practices a week equals 36-48 more practices than regularly scheduled. That stuff matters. Losing a coaching legend matters too, but watching his son coach in the state game was pretty impressive. 2019 should be interesting for the Eagles. 

5 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Juniors in their program have practiced for 12 weeks of playoffs the last 2 years. 3-4 practices a week equals 36-48 more practices than regularly scheduled. That stuff matters. Losing a coaching legend matters too, but watching his son coach in the state game was pretty impressive. 2019 should be interesting for the Eagles. 

Losing 5 seniors do D1 school will also matter.  I've seen 3A or smaller schools lose just one and go from a state contender to a team struggling to make the playoffs.

I know.. I know.. Newton probably has a ton of talent back like always.  But losing that many seniors of that athletic caliber will matter a ton. 

• 1 month later...

Newton will be able to play with any 3A2 school. I think the fourth round of the playoffs will be very competitive. Will depend on injuries, we will not have the dept. as we did last year. East Bernard and Daingerfield will be very good.  I think Canadian will be waiting for the winner of one of these teams. However, you have to be good and have a little luck to win state. (like N. Shore over Duncanville)  

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Newton will be able to play with any 3A2 school. I think the fourth round of the playoffs will be very competitive. Will depend on injuries, we will not have the dept. as we did last year. East Bernard and Daingerfield will be very good.  I think Canadian will be waiting for the winner of one of these teams. However, you have to be good and have a little luck to win state. (like N. Shore over Duncanville)  

Or like Newton over Canadian in 2018.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:46 AM, WOSgrad said:

Kevin Watson, Val Fowler, Zach Gulley.  Rushing will not be a problem for the Eagles this year.

Not to mention they have some very fast and good sophomores and incoming freshman. Newton is not shy with utilizing underclassmen. They definitely will be moved up during the playoffs.