Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BADSANTA

Newton Football 2019

6 posts in this topic

Yes they are losing 5 commits. But never underestimate Newton when it comes to football. Those kids are born to play football. 

Juniors in their program have practiced for 12 weeks of playoffs the last 2 years. 3-4 practices a week equals 36-48 more practices than regularly scheduled. That stuff matters. Losing a coaching legend matters too, but watching his son coach in the state game was pretty impressive. 2019 should be interesting for the Eagles. 

KB24 likes this

5 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Juniors in their program have practiced for 12 weeks of playoffs the last 2 years. 3-4 practices a week equals 36-48 more practices than regularly scheduled. That stuff matters. Losing a coaching legend matters too, but watching his son coach in the state game was pretty impressive. 2019 should be interesting for the Eagles. 

Losing 5 seniors do D1 school will also matter.  I've seen 3A or smaller schools lose just one and go from a state contender to a team struggling to make the playoffs.

I know.. I know.. Newton probably has a ton of talent back like always.  But losing that many seniors of that athletic caliber will matter a ton. 

Mr. Buddy Garrity likes this