Bigger Deal beating Silsbee in basketball or beating WOS in football?

BADSANTA

I think based on the fact that in a given season you might have one chance at West Orange, where in basketball you might get at least two chances at Silsbee, it is a bigger deal. Also, it is easier to beat a team in basketball than it is in football. That's why in the pros you have to win a series. Great teams lose to bad teams in basketball all the time. 

12 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I think based on the fact that in a given season you might have one chance at West Orange, where in basketball you might get at least two chances at Silsbee, it is a bigger deal. Also, it is easier to beat a team in basketball than it is in football. That's why in the pros you have to win a series. Great teams lose to bad teams in basketball all the time. 

For topic, I’d say beating WOS in football.

Now to respond to the above post.  This year, my G’sons team had “two chances” at Silsbee in basketball.  We actually had the lead over them in the second game (1-0).  Somehow, after the first butt whipping, chance was not what came to mind for the second - let’s see, game?  No, that’s not good either.  More like the My Lai massacre.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:08 PM, Hagar said:

For topic, I’d say beating WOS in football.

Now to respond to the above post.  This year, my G’sons team had “two chances” at Silsbee in basketball.  We actually had the lead over them in the second game (1-0).  Somehow, after the first butt whipping, chance was not what came to mind for the second - let’s see, game?  No, that’s not good either.  More like the My Lai massacre.

Right - I don't minimize how dominant Silsbee basketball has been by any stretch. No team has beaten Silsbee twice and most haven't beaten Silsbee once at all over the past several years. 

4 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Right - I don't minimize how dominant Silsbee basketball has been by any stretch. No team has beaten Silsbee twice and most haven't beaten Silsbee once at all over the past several years. 

It was my first time to see them live.  It was very impressive, or depressive lol.  And yes, they got beat in the playoffs, but I’ve no doubt in a rematch, Silsbee could have won.  Good team - good Coach, tough combination.