March Madness

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Honest opinion Hoops, who do you see as the favorite?

Btw, seen o/u is 118.  Lowest ever for this event.

Tech matches up very favorably against UVA, although a lot will depend on Owens’ ankle.  His rim protection is vital to their defense.  I will say it will likely be the ugliest NCAA final ever played.  Top two defenses in the country.  And Culver’s struggles will likely continue as I’m sure Bennett will have Hunter assigned to him, who is probably the best on ball defender in the country.  Assuming Owens is a go, i think they will get enough support to finish the Cinderella season.  

On a side note, Beard may be revolutionizing how defense is going to be played at the college level and lower.   It really is remarkable to watch.  He only has one 4 star on the active roster (6th man grad transfer Brandone Francis).   He does have a lottery pick in Culver, an undersized 2 playing the 1, and an elite rim protector in Owens (who is also a grad transfer).   Mooney was exceptional in the semis obviously (played out of his mind - better than I’ve ever seen him) but he and Odiase (both starters) would struggle to find minutes at most Power 5 schools.  What Beard has done with this roster is truly remarkable.  

This is the hidden content, please

what would you guys sell the ticket for?  Tech is +108 on the money line so the fmv of the ticket should be around $140k.  You could also theoretically take UVA at -128 for $150k which would pay around $115k, guaranteeing yourself either $115k or $151,500.  Either way, Dez was trying to rob this guy.  

40 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Virginia is not letting them get the ball inside.  Good defensive game plan 

Tech has had someone step up every time Culver struggles.  Tonight it’s been Francis.   Been pretty much as expected.  Both of these teams are as good as it gets defensively.  

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Tech has had someone step up every time Culver struggles.  Tonight it’s been Francis.   Been pretty much as expected.  Both of these teams are as good as it gets defensively.  

Evidently Culver has trouble in this gym.  If he steps it up, Tt wins this.