WOSgrad

49 minutes ago, waltersobchak said:

so who did they hire?

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Yes, I think they hired last night.

Ken Stanley 

Liberty OC

Former Hemphill AD/HC

Probably best known as the OC for Livingston back during the Randy Rowe run around 2005-2008. If he could get some of those coaches to go with him to Coldspring, he may be able to get things turned around there if they'll give him time. A few of those coaches who were younger at the time have some pretty good gigs now though so i don't know how many he could get to follow him.

36 minutes ago, IsoSauce said:

Ken Stanley 

Liberty OC

Former Hemphill AD/HC

Probably best known as the OC for Livingston back during the Randy Rowe run around 2005-2008. If he could get some of those coaches to go with him to Coldspring, he may be able to get things turned around there if they'll give him time. A few of those coaches who were younger at the time have some pretty good gigs now though so i don't know how many he could get to follow him.

It is a very good hire.

He will get the best out of the kids in Coldsprings.

And you are correct about the Coaches on the Randy Rowe staffs of the past, he always found a way to hire good coaches in Livingston.

I think Ken's a pretty good hire especially for this time of year.  The only issue I see is him getting coaches in with what they pay stipend wise.  I know Rowe was able to bring in assistants but the stipends Livingston has (had) could also persuade people there.

I hope he gets time to work there.

On 4/12/2019 at 0:15 PM, MEM said:

Unfortunately you're correct....What has transpired since Barbay left is a absolute embarrassment.  If you ever wanted to see a blue print of how to kill a program look no further than Coldspring...It's a sh!t show plain and simple.  Who the heck hires a head coach with a 5-34 record only to see him quit less than a year later.  Unbelievable

First, I am good friends with Barbay and am still a supporter of his!

Coach Jim Bird is a good man and has done his best with a bad situation that he walked into! He was hired very late and never wanted the position! He came to Coldspring to be an assistant coach so he could spend time with his young family! After getting here, it was pretty much dumped in his lap. If there is any blame to go around it should fall to the last superintendent who is the reason Barbay left in the first place. He is also responsible for hiring the fiasco that was dumped in Coach Bird’s lap.

Jim Bird has done more for the girl’s athletics program in Coldspring in 1 year than all of the Athletic Directors in the history of Coldspring high school put together!  

On 4/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Plus 1 said:

The debacle of their basketball team for one. Also I know two people who've worked in admin over there and have heard stories from them. I'll just say this too, from an outsiders perspective, someone will pick up this job but there may be a reason as to why there aren't many applicants.

I know a lot of people who have and do work in admin in Coldspring! I have a pretty good idea based on this conversation of who you are talking with that “worked in admin” here and if you are looking for a fiasco that is where I would start looking! Taking a coach and making up a title to promote him to admin just because you don’t want to see his lazy worthless butt get fired is a fiasco!  Then that administrator turns around and does everything they can to undermine the coaching staff.  Pretty sad individual! Glad he is running his mouth about how terrible everyone else is.

Hopefully coach Stanley can come in and build on the good things and fix the others! 

On 4/25/2019 at 8:05 PM, TROJANSWIN said:

I know a lot of people who have and do work in admin in Coldspring! I have a pretty good idea based on this conversation of who you are talking with that “worked in admin” here and if you are looking for a fiasco that is where I would start looking! Taking a coach and making up a title to promote him to admin just because you don’t want to see his lazy worthless butt get fired is a fiasco!  Then that administrator turns around and does everything they can to undermine the coaching staff.  Pretty sad individual! Glad he is running his mouth about how terrible everyone else is.

Hopefully coach Stanley can come in and build on the good things and fix the others! 

The two people I am referring to are women and have no ties whatsoever to the athletic programs. In my conversations with them about the sports debacle they informed me that the administrative/educational side was a piece of work as well. It's more so on the school as a whole, not just the athletic dept.

I'll say it again, from an outsiders perspective, it's a zoo over there.