KEN STANLEY NAMED NEW COLDSPRING-OAKHURST AD/HFC

WOSgrad

This is the hidden content, please

BREAKING Coldspring HFC Jim Bird has resigned his post due to family reasons; he will be joining the staff at Lovelady

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

What makes you say that?

Evidence?

The debacle of their basketball team for one. Also I know two people who've worked in admin over there and have heard stories from them. I'll just say this too, from an outsiders perspective, someone will pick up this job but there may be a reason as to why there aren't many applicants.

3 hours ago, Plus 1 said:

That place is a zoo

Unfortunately you're correct....What has transpired since Barbay left is a absolute embarrassment.  If you ever wanted to see a blue print of how to kill a program look no further than Coldspring...It's a sh!t show plain and simple.  Who the heck hires a head coach with a 5-34 record only to see him quit less than a year later.  Unbelievable

39 minutes ago, MEM said:

Unfortunately you're correct....What has transpired since Barbay left is a absolute embarrassment.  If you ever wanted to see a blue print of how to kill a program look no further than Coldspring...It's a sh!t show plain and simple.  Who the heck hires a head coach with a 5-34 record only to see him quit less than a year later.  Unbelievable

Must be why a couple of their players have taken their talents elsewhere in Polk County 

59 minutes ago, MEM said:

I saw what he had to coach as well, great talent and I knew at the beginning of the season they were going to make some noise but talent doesn't make up for a lack of mental toughness....and several of those kids had none.

Barbay was successful there. Yes. He probably had great assistants and a good DC as well. Is that staff still there? Odds are no. I don’t know anything about what’s going on in Coldspring but whoever is next needs to be able to bring in some help with him. Otherwise the problem will perpetuate. A good head man can only do so much. 

• 2 weeks later...