Trump Blames Union for Job Loss

UT alum

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Obama didn’t make it a law. Congress did. We’ve been having to contribute to a retirement plan since FDR was president. That legislation was passed by Congress as well. Congress refuses to fund Trump’s wall, even when his party controlled all three branches, he ignores it and declares a fake emergency, is admonished by Congress, and says screw you with a veto. Trumpland uber alles.

Yes, Obama did make it law. Congress writes and passes legislation, the President signs that legislation into law. Without the President's signature, it would not have become law.

And please share some of the acts you feel qualify Trump as a dictator. What actions has he taken that is above and beyond usurping the constitution? When you list these acts, make sure to keep in mind the actions of other presidents so we can see if you feel that they should be labeled wanna-be dictators as well. And if the actions you list describe other presidents, why didn't the media label those as dictators?

As far as you last little quip, does TDS come to mind?

32 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Yes, Obama did make it law. Congress writes and passes legislation, the President signs that legislation into law. Without the President's signature, it would not have become law.

And please share some of the acts you feel qualify Trump as a dictator. What actions has he taken that is above and beyond usurping the constitution? When you list these acts, make sure to keep in mind the actions of other presidents so we can see if you feel that they should be labeled wanna-be dictators as well. And if the actions you list describe other presidents, why didn't the media label those as dictators?

Response to “sig heil mein Fuhrer” remark posted by Hagar.

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

Leaders he has either praised or believed over his own intelligence community: MBS, Bolsonaro, Dutarte, Putin, Un, Xi.

Leaders he has either insulted, threatened, or ridiculed:  Merkel, Macron, Trudeau, Moon Jae-in, May, Abe.

Those lists speak for themselves.

Oh, not to mention the police, military, and bikers who are with him if things get bad. Spoken like a true authoritarian leader.

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

So praising someone over his own intelligence community is being a dictator?   Insulting  other leaders is being a dictator? ( I noticed you left out"rocket man" of that equation)  And being respected by police and military is being a dictator?  How interesting.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Response to “sig heil mein Fuhrer” remark posted by Hagar.

So we’re back to Obama being the only President in history that forced Americans to buy something.  Land of the free?  

It’s quite possible that you, like almost 50% of americans, have been duped by the MSM.  They take every angle possible and embellish it to make Trump look bad and anoint him with unflattering titles/names.  Last time I looked, it was running 92% negative on Trump (for all but FOX).  Saddest/scariest part of that is the Founding Fathers left them as the watchdog of our Government.  The fact that they’ve become so biased, is a threat to our Republic.  I wouldn’t want to see it biased either way.  I would hope if it was as biased to conservatism as it is to liberals now, I’d notice it, but none on the Left acknowledge that bias.

37 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Leaders he has either praised or believed over his own intelligence community: MBS, Bolsonaro, Dutarte, Putin, Un, Xi.

Leaders he has either insulted, threatened, or ridiculed:  Merkel, Macron, Trudeau, Moon Jae-in, May, Abe.

Those lists speak for themselves.

Oh, not to mention the police, military, and bikers who are with him if things get bad. Spoken like a true authoritarian leader.

Is this all you have for your rationale that Trump is a wanna-be dictator? Please tell me you have something pertinent to draw such a wild judgement. I've heard many Liberal pundits making this same accusation, but have yet to hear a sane or even close to rational argument for such a conclusion...and I'm still waiting.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

So we’re back to Obama being the only President in history that forced Americans to buy something.  Land of the free?  

It’s quite possible that you, like almost 50% of americans, have been duped by the MSM.  They take every angle possible and embellish it to make Trump look bad and anoint him with unflattering titles/names.  Last time I looked, it was running 92% negative on Trump (for all but FOX).  Saddest/scariest part of that is the Founding Fathers left them as the watchdog of our Government.  The fact that they’ve become so biased, is a threat to our Republic.  I wouldn’t want to see it biased either way.  I would hope if it was as biased to conservatism as it is to liberals now, I’d notice it, but none on the Left acknowledge that bias.

He’s made himself look bad for years. I don’t rely on MSM to draw this conclusion. I’ve seen and heard him with his own mouth for years. He was no count before he was even dabbling in politics, and all I see is the same man now leading our country. I didn’t like him in the eighties, nineties, naughts, or now. He’s a petty blowhard who practices stream of consciousness oratory and knows only denial and insult when dealing with criticism.

There was no MSM when Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. You saying they went too far with the first amendment?

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Market or Trump? He’ll take credit regardless. Good for Detroit is all I can say.

If you are gonna complain about a plant closing, you also need to know that here is something positive that offset that negative.  Hmmm, wonder if the reduced  corporate tax burden had any influence on this Detroit decision?

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

He’s made himself look bad for years. I don’t rely on MSM to draw this conclusion. I’ve seen and heard him with his own mouth for years. He was no count before he was even dabbling in politics, and all I see is the same man now leading our country. I didn’t like him in the eighties, nineties, naughts, or now. He’s a petty blowhard who practices stream of consciousness oratory and knows only denial and insult when dealing with criticism.

There was no MSM when Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. You saying they went too far with the first amendment?

Your first amendment right as an American citizen allows for you to post your opinions on this board. Never take that for granted. People who express their opinions in Korea get executed.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

No, there was no MSM when The Constitution.  There were newspapers, with real reporters, not editorialist spouting biased dribble.  I guess you’re not familiar with what the Founding Fathers said about the trust they put in the press to keep our Govt on the straight & narrow (watchdog).  No, they didn’t go to far with the First Amendment.  Actually, the PC Police and social media giants, aided by the leadership of the Democratic Party, have gone to far in taking it away.  

As for Trump, you didn’t like him prior to his being elected (neither did I), and despite all the good things he’s done, you still don’t.  I’m not thrilled with Trump the man, but I sure like Trump the President.

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

If you are gonna complain about a plant closing, you also need to know that here is something positive that offset that negative.  Hmmm, wonder if the reduced  corporate tax burden had any influence on this Detroit decision?

I doubt it. Tax burden is pretty far down the list on deciding if a product will sell or not.

32 minutes ago, Hagar said:

No, there was no MSM when The Constitution.  There were newspapers, with real reporters, not editorialist spouting biased dribble.  I guess you’re not familiar with what the Founding Fathers said about the trust they put in the press to keep our Govt on the straight & narrow (watchdog).  No, they didn’t go to far with the First Amendment.  Actually, the PC Police and social media giants, aided by the leadership of the Democratic Party, have gone to far in taking it away.  

As for Trump, you didn’t like him prior to his being elected (neither did I), and despite all the good things he’s done, you still don’t.  I’m not thrilled with Trump the man, but I sure like Trump the President.

We differ in opinion. A trillion dollar tax cut with no budget offset is no different than a trillion dollar deficit infrastructure project. Both pump up the economy with more printed money. Aside from that, he’s done nothing but endanger the environment, populate the White House with inexperienced lackeys, and attack the institutions that have helped make this country great. History will rank him near if not at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

To each his own.   There was plenty of business activity that was postponed due to an over-regulated, over taxed economy and when the regulations were lessened and tax cuts invoked, the results are obvious.

Or coincidental.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Yea, sure.  Go ahead and believe that.  More jobs available than people to fill them.  Lowest black and hispanic unemployment rates ever recorded.  3% GDP    I can see how this is all coincidental and just carryover from the brilliant economic policies of the prior administration.

3% ain’t gonna hold.

That is something you hope, but, in truth, havent the foggiest idea if it will or not.   But I can tell you this, one year at 3%  out of 2 beats the heck out of 8  consecutive below 2 and an overall average of about 1.8%.  Am more than willing to wager with you that the average for the current administration will be considerably better than its predecessor.

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

We differ in opinion. A trillion dollar tax cut with no budget offset is no different than a trillion dollar deficit infrastructure project. Both pump up the economy with more printed money. Aside from that, he’s done nothing but endanger the environment, populate the White House with inexperienced lackeys, and attack the institutions that have helped make this country great. History will rank him near if not at the bottom.

Whoa hoss, is that all you got out of Trump being president?  What about the destruction of ISIS as a fighting force?  How many missiles has N. Korea fired, or nuclear bombs detonated?  Got us out of the “one country financed and restricted, Paris Accords.  Well heck, read for yourself.  You presently can’t see the forest for the trees.  Your personal hatred of Trump (TDS) is overriding your ability to take in positive information.

This is the hidden content, please

18 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Whoa hoss, is that all you got out of Trump being president?  What about the destruction of ISIS as a fighting force?  How many missiles has N. Korea fired, or nuclear bombs detonated?  Got us out of the “one country financed and restricted, Paris Accords.  Well heck, read for yourself.  You presently can’t see the forest for the trees.  Your personal hatred of Trump (TDS) is overriding your ability to take in positive information.

How has the environment become more endangered than it was 3 years ago?  As for how the white house is populated, thats just ( and I emphasize just)  your opinion.  His predecessor had virtually all academics on staff with no personal experience at anything.  Please tell me if you would rather start a business with Steve Jobs or Bill Gates as your partner or with  Jeremy Siegel, well known professor of finance and start market guru at Wharton ( where Trump, Buffett, Elon Musk and John Sculley attended school)

31 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Trump didn’t destroy ISIS. Jong Un is playing him. We should be leading the Paris Accord, not absent. I don’t hate him. I don’t like him. I don’t think he’s fit for the job. Business and government are two different types of entities, and just because a businessman can turn a profit doesn’t mean he can run an incredibly complex non-profit. Hell, if not for escalating real estate prices, Trump wouldn’t even show a profit in business. He’s a cheat. Trump University. Trump Foundation. (I’m waiting for it - your defense will be to deflect from him by “what about Clinton foundation”,  but Clinton’s not President).