Silsbee Football 2019

BADSANTA

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, BADSANTA said:

Who will be battling it our for QB in Silsbee next year? Will be Foster, Taylor, or I hear a very very good sophomore to be. 

I hear of an upcoming Jr. who is pretty good. He had to sit out a season due to knee surgery. He’s a better passer and runner than Foster. Can’t wait to see how this plays out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 0:37 PM, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee was a few extra points away from beating Cuero. Would of should of could of. When Silsbee returned that strip fumble I thought we had it. Silsbee did slow down Whittington but time compared to what he had done all season and in the state title game. 

It looked to me as if Silsbee put up a little better fight on Cuero than Pleasant Grove did. One thing that left me scratching my head is why the Silsbee offense did not try to run more on the edges. They had good success doing that, but instead called too many running plays between the tackles. That difference in strategy might have lead Silsbee to a narrow win. 

18 minutes ago, griff said:

It looked to me as if Silsbee put up a little better fight on Cuero than Pleasant Grove did. One thing that left me scratching my head is why the Silsbee offense did not try to run more on the edges. They had good success doing that, but instead called too many running plays between the tackles. That difference in strategy might have lead Silsbee to a narrow win. 

Silsbee definitely left some points on the field and you can't do that against a team like that.  All and all, Cuero barely escaped and they needed Mr. Whittington's help all over their field to do it. Plus, the missed extra points by Silsbee also factored in.

29 minutes ago, KB24 said:

I hope to see Taylor more on the ball this season.  He is the best RB they have. They don’t let him run the ball enough. 

Yes, Dralyn is good, but they have a great compliment to him in Martin, not as fast, but bigger and stronger.  Then the 3rd option with Arline who's more like Taylor.  Non of those kids are selfish.   Whoever gives Silsbee the best chance to win they particular game, that's who you lean on.  These kids trying to win state.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes, Dralyn is good, but they have a great compliment to him in Martin, not as fast, but bigger and stronger.  Then the 3rd option with Arline who's more like Taylor.  Non of those kids are selfish.   Whoever gives Silsbee the best chance to win they particular game, that's who you lean on.  These kids trying to win state.

Yea. Martin is better with a basketball than a football in my opinion. Silsbee have a couple upcoming freshman that looks good in years to come. Kids get coached right. A state Championship is in Silsbee’s future. They have one upcoming freshman who other schools trying to get the parents to move him. Kid already being looked at by a D3 school. He keep grinding he has the potential to be a good prospect. 

58 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Yea. Martin is better with a basketball than a football in my opinion. Silsbee have a couple upcoming freshman that looks good in years to come. Kids get coached right. A state Championship is in Silsbee’s future. They have one upcoming freshman who other schools trying to get the parents to move him. Kid already being looked at by a D3 school. He keep grinding he has the potential to be a good prospect. 

Martin has football offers from Alcorn St and a few others. Football will be his sport. He will be a LB at the college level. 

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think if healthy, all 3 Silsbee backs go over 1000 yards next year and Silsbee advance to at least the 4th round if not state again. 

They lose a lot on defense though,man and that was the key.  They need some pit bulls  back there.  Pit bulls with some experience.  I wonder if this next group was paying attention to the senior defensive player this year?  We'll  see because you'll need to bring it when you see WO-S in district..

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:43 PM, LC-M said:

The excuse  that I heard from a mustang fan was that the rain beat WOS not Silsbee lol

Look I'm a very big mustang fan and last year it was raining and Nederland beat us and it was raining during the playoff game and we lose if it wasn't raining trust me we would had won that game but that was last year this year it's a different story mark my words wos is going deep in the playoffs again and look out for  a very big offense of line this year

13 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

Look I'm a very big mustang fan and last year it was raining and Nederland beat us and it was raining during the playoff game and we lose if it wasn't raining trust me we would had won that game but that was last year this year it's a different story mark my words wos is going deep in the playoffs again and look out for  a very big offense of line this year

Silsbee will beat them again sir!!! New sheriff in town!!! 

14 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

So rain during a football game only affects one team? Funny observation. 

15 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

Silsbee had the play in the rain too, remember?  Smh

On 5/28/2019 at 8:18 AM, griff said:

Yessir Silsbee damn sure should’ve won that game 

On 6/23/2019 at 0:08 AM, MustangNation#1 said:

It was pretty wet against newton too. I watched newton, Nederland and silsbee game.