LCM VS HJ

3 hours ago, LW LCM said:

Our district we are REQUIRED to play 5 innings for it to be considered a complete game. We cant help it if we have grand slams, 2 run homer's, 3 run homer's. We supposed to tell the girls to strike out? This isnt little league. Its HIGH SCHOOL!!!

I don’t have a problem with it. HJ would have done the same to us if they could have have score then 1. I don’t think it’s good to tell the kids to strike out on purpose. Your right it’s not little league.

1 hour ago, 3n2 said:

Bless your heart!

We stepped off the bag for an out several times. Just curious what were they supposed to do? Make stats worse by trying to intentionally get out. I think the issue is the 5 inning rule. The game should have ended in the 3rd inning with us up by 15. 

15 minutes ago, LW LCM said:

We stepped off the bag for an out several times. Just curious what were they supposed to do? Make stats worse by trying to intentionally get out. I think the issue is the 5 inning rule. The game should have ended in the 3rd inning with us up by 15. 

How were the Hj fans taking the beat down? I hear they get rowdy at games 

I agree 5 inning rule is silly. Leaving bag early doesn't hurt stats. Softball is easiest sport to control score. Yeah it's big girl ball but no kid needs to be embarrassed like that, hard to ask kids to give their all down by 27. Its not the girls fault at all, but some people want to show the world how good their team is without respecting the game.

It is not the lcm coach’s job to take the other teams feelings into account.  For all we know maybe they did, and it could have been 45-1??

I know the kids that play at HJ and most would want no none to go easy or do them any favors... sports is one of the only things left where political correctness is not part of the occasion.  you play to win and you play to improve and give your team the best chance you can give them to win a state championship.  

Congrats lcm... the lady hawks will give more of a fight the next go round..

1 hour ago, hjhawks said:

It is not the lcm coach’s job to take the other teams feelings into account.  For all we know maybe they did, and it could have been 45-1??

I know the kids that play at HJ and most would want no none to go easy or do them any favors... sports is one of the only things left where political correctness is not part of the occasion.  you play to win and you play to improve and give your team the best chance you can give them to win a state championship.  

Congrats lcm... the lady hawks will give more of a fight the next go round..

Great post. Most people these days want everyone to go easy on them. 

On 3/13/2019 at 3:03 AM, LC-M said:

After further inquiry,  your coach didn't know your district changed to 15 after 3 innings this year.  Oh wait LCM is district chair???  Hmmmmmm? Either wanted extra at bats or doesn't care about district policy?

16 minutes ago, 3n2 said:

After further inquiry,  your coach didn't know your district changed to 15 after 3 innings this year.  Oh wait LCM is district chair???  Hmmmmmm? Either wanted extra at bats or doesn't care about district policy?

why did they go 5 innings then? Did HJ coach want to go longer to try a comeback? I wasn't at the game so I really don't have any knowledge how the game went. I can ensure you this though the   LCM coach could careless what anyone thinks. just my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, LC-M said:

why did they go 5 innings then? Did HJ coach want to go longer to try a comeback? I wasn't at the game so I really don't have any knowledge how the game went. I can ensure you this though the   LCM coach could careless what anyone thinks. just my opinion. 

On 3/13/2019 at 3:03 AM, LC-M said:

Ask your coach why she didnt know district policy! Heard they were up 16-1 after 3 innings. none of your questions can I answer, but head coach of a sport that's district chair ought to know rules. 

1 hour ago, 3n2 said:

Ask your coach why she didnt know district policy! Heard they were up 16-1 after 3 innings. none of your questions can I answer, but head coach of a sport that's district chair ought to know rules. 

Better question is why didn't the umps stop the game if the mercy rule is 15 runs after 3?  I am quite sure that they have been made aware of 22-4A mercy rules. 

Even better question, why didn't Coach Sims approach the ump about the mercy rule after the 3rd inning? HJ may not be the district chair but the coach is held to the same knowledge of 22-4A rules as any other coach.

There are any of 4 people (Coach Sims, Coach Adkins, the 2 umpires) who could have spoke up about the mercy rule.....none did.  To place the blame solely on Coach Adkins' shoulders seems a little heavy handed....don't you think?

Can't argue about other coaches should know the rule but as an older coach and district chair I think I'd pay attention to that. Umpires ask about district rules at home plate, it's not their job to know that. This topic is old but it is not district policy to play 5 innings.

I'll agree with you that the topic is old.  Which would lead me to the inquiry as to why you chose to extend it.

It just seems that you placing the fault for the game going longer than it supposedly should have at the feet of just Coach Adkins seems to indicate some animosity towards her and the Bears softball team.  Not sure that is an appropriate thing to do.

Come on everyone.....its HS Varsity Softball. Let the kids play and the score is going to be what its going to be. I have coached Vs Coach Adkins for many years and taken many beat downs from LCM in HS Softball over the years but can honestly tell you she is the last person on the field wanting to run a score up when she doesn't have too.I have watched her many times try to figure out how to end innings without bringing to much light on the subject of getting out on purpose. Rules are a constant change every year and keeping up with all the rules as a HS coach is your job but almost impossible to know them all. Lets also understand that if an umpire chooses he could also penalize the team trying to end innings early if they choose by calling team out for "making a travesty of the game" that could result in team forfeit so understand its not that easy of a thing to do and not get called out by fans, players, coaches and umps.