East Chambers 49 Brock 58/FINAL

6 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

100% correct 

Only thing I hate for SeTx schools.  Smaller (relatively) schools I mean.  It seems like there is an ingrained idea that you can just fly around and scare the other team into turning it over (Kountze, HJ, Silsbee, EC).  That may have definitely been the case in the past but now eventually you'll run into just a sound basketball team.  When forced into a halfcourt basketball game with a good basketball team it usually doesn't end well.  I know people will say that Silsbee had great success with it, and that's true, but with that amount of talent it probably didn't matter.  

10 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Only thing I hate for SeTx schools.  Smaller (relatively) schools I mean.  It seems like there is an ingrained idea that you can just fly around and scare the other team into turning it over (Kountze, HJ, Silsbee, EC).  That may have definitely been the case in the past but now eventually you'll run into just a sound basketball team.  When forced into a halfcourt basketball game with a good basketball team it usually doesn't end well.  I know people will say that Silsbee had great success with it, and that's true, but with that amount of talent it probably didn't matter.  

Silsbee just had an insane talent abundance and honestly shouldn’t have lost to Yates last weekend but I’m not gonna get on that subject.

A stifling press will beat teams every time if they don't have the backcourt personel to beat it. It doesn't have to result in points or turnovers to be successful . The teams mentioned do it a lot to wear folks down. The teams with fundamentally sound guards usually adjust well. When you look at EC, Kountze, Silsbee and HJ it's hard to argue with the the results those four have had. Congrats to EC on a great season. 

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Shelbyville is one of our coverage area teams. So as far as this site goes, they are SETX

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I’m claiming them anyway.   Their beast of a big man’s daddy’s side of the family is from Orange so we are claiming him at a minimum!

Ok, good deal - I have been able to see them play a few times over the past three years - it has been fun to see how they developed and matured - we could see the potential and now they are fulfilling it... Great team!  Good Luck to them tomorrow!   Bring it Home!