Alvin HS- Big Hire

7 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

To be a coordinator...

So after 3-4 years and it doesn’t work because there is an inexperienced forced coordinator on staff you think his son is gonna be able to get another coordinator spot? I would say that theory would work better when the new school works out personally. New school, new coordinator and a program with no expectations better fits trying to force his son to be a coordinator imo

1 hour ago, ChandlerLancaster said:

So after 3-4 years and it doesn’t work because there is an inexperienced forced coordinator on staff you think his son is gonna be able to get another coordinator spot? I would say that theory would work better when the new school works out personally. New school, new coordinator and a program with no expectations better fits trying to force his son to be a coordinator imo

Maybe he wants his Son to be a Coordinator so he can justify giving him the Head Coaching job when the new school opens up?

11 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Maybe he wants his Son to be a Coordinator so he can justify giving him the Head Coaching job when the new school opens up?

That's what it sounds like to me. He can't justify his son getting a head coaching job without being a coordinator first.  Experience is experience in a lot of cases. Even if they aren't winning years.  

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

That's what it sounds like to me. He can't justify his son getting a head coaching job without being a coordinator first.  Experience is experience in a lot of cases. Even if they aren't winning years.  

Y’all act as if getting a head coaching job is just applying for welfare. No way in hell they would approve his son after 3 years of experience

30 minutes ago, tribe7 said:

I've heard Van Meter was told by AD that they didnt do retire rehires, which talking with a school board official they do this quite often with teachers.  Have a feeling he didnt want Van to begin with.  

Matt Stepp suggested that Alvin should hire a young guy with energy. Maybe they realized that after botkin declined

Correct that was a hire by the superintendent but I highly doubt AD stood up and said that he disagreed with it.  I'm sure he just tucked his tail.  That being said he had a chance to make it right this year by hiring the Fwood DC but like always, just couldn't do the right thing for Alvin.  But you just keep on defending him Lancaster

1 hour ago, tribe7 said:

Correct that was a hire by the superintendent but I highly doubt AD stood up and said that he disagreed with it.  I'm sure he just tucked his tail.  That being said he had a chance to make it right this year by hiring the Fwood DC but like always, just couldn't do the right thing for Alvin.  But you just keep on defending him Lancaster

I’m just going off the facts I know this year. But why y’all think the fwood dc would do well? For all we know he could have declined the job since they’ve had multiple times to offer him. Or he may not really want it. 

1 hour ago, tribe7 said:

Pretty sure it's a dumpster fire at this point.  My guess is they will stay in house in case they have another guy turn it down it wont go public. Hearing they want the DC at Shadow Creek but he doesnt want it

Dc at SC won’t leave. Not with the dudes he has on that side of ball. They make a deep run again he’ll have opportunity to get a good hc job

On 3/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, tribe7 said:

Pretty sure he wouldnt have applied 2 yrs in a row if he didnt want the job.  And also pretty confident he would have brought a legend coach with him.  Great move passing on him twice

Hearing that Friendswood dc will be approved as Pasadena memorial next hc. Guessing he pulled his name out as a candidate at Alvin 

Wouldnt you after you have been turned down 2 years in a row for a lesser choice?  Last year was the joke from Cy wherever who blessed us with an 0-10 season and this year he was passed over by the AD so he could hire some guy he coached in high school.  I hope he takes the job and gets Alvin on the schedule and beats the brakes off of us, but here in the big A the collusion continues. Meanwhile even Stinkadena is smart enough to know when to hire a good coach.  

23 hours ago, tribe7 said:

Wouldnt you after you have been turned down 2 years in a row for a lesser choice?  Last year was the joke from Cy wherever who blessed us with an 0-10 season and this year he was passed over by the AD so he could hire some guy he coached in high school.  I hope he takes the job and gets Alvin on the schedule and beats the brakes off of us, but here in the big A the collusion continues. Meanwhile even Stinkadena is smart enough to know when to hire a good coach.  

Maybe he declined behind closed doors because he knew he was going to get memorial and thought that was a better job? What have been if they were 0 for 3. Who was the guy the ad coached that’s going to get the job? Really hoping they name new hc soon they can do spring ball. Assuming offense will change from wing t, spring will be important

Nope he didnt decline, again why would he have declined a job he applied for 2 years in a row ?Kirk Botkin was the guy he coached in HS.  I really hope the school board does the right thing and gets rid of this AD before he does anymore damage.  Meanwhile in Stinkadena...

Screenshot_20190327-083600_Twitter.jpg

4 hours ago, tribe7 said:

Nope he didnt decline, again why would he have declined a job he applied for 2 years in a row ?Kirk Botkin was the guy he coached in HS.  I really hope the school board does the right thing and gets rid of this AD before he does anymore damage.  Meanwhile in Stinkadena...

Screenshot_20190327-083600_Twitter.jpg

Because he know knew he was going to get memorial and memorial is a better job than Alvin