PNG Girls vs Nederland Girls

1 hour ago, KBH said:

PNG wins in ot 

That's not correct. They were tied at the end of OT as well. PNG won the shoot out, which gave them one extra point which will give PNG a chance to leap frog Vidor if they can beat Vidor on the final game to earn 2nd place. So as far as standings go, it goes down as a tie and Nederland still remains undefeated, and will be undefeated district champs. However, PNG was much more prepared and Nederland was out coached. You can tell PNG works on PK's and you could also easily tell that Nederland doesn't. One of the biggest questions I have is why didn't we have our starting goalie from the start? I don't understand that. 

24 minutes ago, KBH said:

I don’t know about all the other Stuff because I don’t follow that closely but i do know PNG won last night thanks 

Lol... please look at Nederlands district record and show me where they have a L in the loss column. It was agreed before district started that scores at the end of overtimes stand. It was then agreed that PK's is only done for tie breaker scenarios since the district agreed on a point system. If this was a playoff game, Nederland would of been sent home but it wasn't. I think that PNG will most likely make a deeper playoff run based on coaching and Nederlands lack there of. 

Come on dad! So if it was a tie then why did they have a shootout? Who won the shootout? Does the shootout not mean anything? Just say it, PNG got yall last nite. Dont care about the standings. Don't be a sore loser and blame the coach. Just say they had the better nite. Plain and simple you win some and lose some. LOL. This is funny shit!

11 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

Come on dad! So if it was a tie then why did they have a shootout? Who won the shootout? Does the shootout not mean anything? Just say it, PNG got yall last nite. Dont care about the standings. Don't be a sore loser and blame the coach. Just say they had the better nite. Plain and simple you win some and lose some. LOL. This is funny shit!

I thought I was pretty clear on how it works. The game finished 3 to 3. Period. Shoot out is to determine a district winner or placing of teams for playoffs. Just as I asked before, please show me Nederlands record and show me where they have a district loss.  I never said I liked the rule but that's the way it is. Not a sore loser, I tell it like it is.  

This is the hidden content, please

They say PNG won!

Turn the ending of the game around and I'm sure you would have different thoughts. I've talked to a couple of other parents and they don't see it like you. I understand the standings. So what happens in the playoffs when this happens? They just say no one wins lets replay the game? Surely there is a winner? Enough said PNG won!

I can assure you if Nederland won the shoot out, it would of been reported correctly as a tie and I would of posted it just like I did this one (Final 3 to 3). Nederland won the 1st match up 1 to 0 and there was barely a sentence of the win in the paper. Apparently there are several people that don't understand or know the agreement by the district before the season began. Take a look at the boys for example: Nederland boys tie PNG and lose in a shoot out. How was that reported? I will tell you, it was a tie.  Both there records reflect this. I incourage you and others to take a look at max preps. They have the records reported correctly. Nederland is 9-0-1 and PNG 6-2-1 in district. Now, as I said before, if this were a playoff game this would be a win for PNG and loss for Nederland because a team has to advance to the next round.    

I'm sure there's going to be more confused people when district ends and the paper says Nederland out right undeafeated  district champs. 

I have no "dog" in this fight, however "dadofabulldog" is correct in his posting.  The only way to "win or lose" a game in District is during regulation play or overtime, once it goes to a shootout it is a "tie" and you will either receive 2 or 1 points in the standings.

Also during "overtime" there is no "golden rule" which means you have to play the 2 (10) minute halves completely, no one goal wins it, time has to be completed. If at that time one team has scored more than the other then they win (3pts) and the other loses, if not it goes to shootout, which at that time the teams "tie".

8 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

They say PNG won!

Turn the ending of the game around and I'm sure you would have different thoughts. I've talked to a couple of other parents and they don't see it like you. I understand the standings. So what happens in the playoffs when this happens? They just say no one wins lets replay the game? Surely there is a winner? Enough said PNG won!

This pretty much sums it up.  You can see the rules and district records. Hopefully this can clear things up for you and the parents you talked too. Enough said, it was a tie!!!! 

Thanks

59 minutes ago, Snoop said:

1st team to lose a game & go undefeated.  Impressive.  The dogs have a really good team & seem well-coached.  What is your issue with the coach dadofbulldog?  He must be doing something right? 

First off, they didn't lose a game, they tied. Not going down this road again. I guess some people have a hard time comprehending. Game is in the history books, time to move on. 

2 hours ago, 3’s please said:

Nederland is gonna be undefeated district champions and there coaches don’t  know what they are taking about. Wow I think I heard it all now.

I was a little frustrated with the tie and spoke out of anger. The coaches have done a good job with the girls and have also done somethings I don't agree with but hey it's their team. I'm going to support my daughter and her friends regardless. This is a regional tournament team so we will see if we can get there. 

I understand being frustrated but I don’t think going on a public forum is be way to handle it . Especially is they are doing a good job hard to get a coach fired if they find ways to win. But good luck to your team they need support not  negativity. I bet Beaumont United girls basketball team that was 35-0 thought they were a state bond team but they lost in then 2nd  round. You never know what happens in the playoff.Good luck to all our area playoff teams.