Faith Family vs Yates

On 3/6/2019 at 0:19 PM, BADSANTA said:

There is a time in the future where Silsbee could be 3A I heard. 

That is probably wrong. Silsbee's enrollment is actually up 60-70 kids this year. Chances are they will be division 1 with the next realignment. They could go up and Carthage go down. Also then next three or four classes are a lot bigger than past years. 

The way I see it there are three types of schools. Magnate schools, which I assume Ozen and Yates were and are, charter schools, like faith and family and zoned public schools with district lines. I don't think two of these types of schools belong in the UIL. I spent nearly 20 years in Colorado and Nebraska where private schools participate in association activities. I would rather see that if the private schools are limited from offering scholarships. 

The private schools kind of dominated smaller school divisions in those states and charter schools will probably dominate the action in Texas if this trend continues. 

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

As has been mentioned before in this thread, the entire Cedar Hill coaching staff moved to FF. The coaches themselves stated the goal was to win a championship.

You can bet another FF will pop up if/when they win.

I guess buying state titles will be the new way to do things in the future.

This is the trend in basketball.  NBA and NCAA have been this way for years now.  It is the AAU effect.  Only a matter of time for UIL to be dominated by recruited super teams too.  Have you seen the story on Duncanville girls program? 

9 hours ago, Coach.Shu said:

This is the trend in basketball.  NBA and NCAA have been this way for years now.  It is the AAU effect.  Only a matter of time for UIL to be dominated by recruited super teams too.  Have you seen the story on Duncanville girls program? 

No fill us in. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:22 PM, BADSANTA said:

No fill us in. 

On 3/9/2019 at 8:41 PM, TxHoops said:

This is the hidden content, please

Here are the text messages that their investigation found no violations with..lol

Self 

: Hey coach, would you happen to have a contact number for deja Kelly mother atJohnson in San Antonio? I’d appreciate any assistance

Rooks

:

(Sends Theresa (Deja) contact information)

Self 

: Is she going to coach for or with you this summer? And deja will be playing withhannah right?

Rooks

: She’s be operating in the capacity of a DOBO And yes ma’am, they will playtogether

Self 

: What’s a DOBO

Rooks

: Director of Basketball OperationsWill help on the court as well

Self 

: I just figured it out right before you text. Duh lol

Self 

: Hey earle, I can’t get Theresa’s number to open. Can you please give her mynumber and ask her to call me tomorrow please?Y’all are playing in SA this weekend?

Rooks

: Good morning Coach Self! Do you have any time this morning to catch up?

Self 

:

What time is good for you?

Rooks

: I’m fairly flexible.

Self 

: I’ll call you from my office phone in about 15 minutes. Ok?

Rooks

: Perfect

Self 

: $20/hour directly to coach opening and $25 rental to school per night. Starting nextweek if I can get a coach to open during spring break? (Drop the $25 rental if youcan get me deja or imani?)

Rooks

: Thank you so much coach!You might as well drop the $25, I will make something happen one way or another.Please let me know once you have confirmation next week.

Self 

: You just saved my sanity!!!! Bless you

Rooks

: We can do a this together!

Self 

: You got it!!

Self 

: Yes, she does!Any positive word on deja and or imani coming to Duncanville?Teranie thomas will open red gym Tuesday-Thursday this week

(Sends Teranie Thomas contact information)

Rooks

: Thank you!! Deja’s mom is open. Just needs a solid job.

Self 

: What kind of job is she qualified for?

Rooks

: I’ll probe more tomorrow. I know she hasn’t finished her degree. Has coached quitea bit in private schools.

Self 

: Teaching certificate? I’m going to need a 9

th

coach/assistant varsityWhat does she do now?

Rooks

: You good to meet with her sometime this weekend?

March 6, 20195

Self 

: Absolutely!!! I have a funeral in desoto 2:30 to probably 4:30 Saturday but that isall on schedule for the weekend

Rooks

: GM! Please give me a call today so we can talk through

Self 

: Are all your teams practicing today or just hannah’s?

Rooks

: We cancelled

Self 

: Shucks! Was hoping Theresa was coming up. Thanks

Self:

Is pro skills registered as a non profit charity organization?

Rooks

: Yes ma’am

Self 

: I need to pick a non profit girls basketball group for Gatorade to award !,000 checkto in my name. Can you give me your email and specifics that I can send them?

Rooks

: Yes ma’am, thank you!!

Self 

: Just watching Chantae play! Whoa! She is special!! Want her mother to leave herhere now!!!!!Visited with mom for a minute trying not to draw too much attention.Manohman, #15 on jason terry elite team dad is interested in coming here. She will be a senior but great size! Little sister is 10 yrs old and 5’9” already. Brother playsat Georgia techAny word on 6:00 cut?

Rooks

: 32 will be cut before this evenings session – will bring the number to 70.I expect that Deja, Hannah, and Sarah are all safe

Self 

: I’m excited theresa was offered the job at school and deja is going to be a pantherette !!

Rooks

: The pieces are coming together!

Self 

: Any word from Chantae Embry mother? Now I’m getting greedy!

Rooks

: I will call her today.

Self 

: Great! Be glad to give her a tour and talk with a counselor anytime she’s ready

Guest ECBucFan
On 3/8/2019 at 7:13 AM, Coach.Shu said:

The UIL has shown nearly zero interest in (really) enforcing the rules. They have allowed this to fester. Might as well start openly paying the top recriuts so they can play for the highest bidder. Heck, lets let them transfer on a weekly basis. If their team happens to get knocked out in the 2nd round, they can hook up with another team that still alive.

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

The UIL has shown nearly zero interest in (really) enforcing the rules. They have allowed this to fester. Might as well start openly paying the top recriuts so they can play for the highest bidder. Heck, lets let them transfer on a weekly basis. If their team happens to get knocked out in the 2nd round, they can hook up with another team that still alive.

Kinda interesting coming from an EC Buc fan..