Argyle Sports Question

31 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I think you could consider Magic Johnson as student A and Larry Bird as student B if you know their respective histories.

Probably true.  Not all student B's were 6'10 with an impeccable work ethic / drive during those days either.  Just like several years ago 6'4 220 was a giant.  Today kids that size are a dime a dozen.

Yes, a lot of good kids, Coaches, and programs, but the one thing most don’t have is Tradition.  My take (I’m no expert), even Tradition has levels.  There are many schools that win District most of the time.  They expect to.  But then falter after a game or two in the playoffs.  Then you have the Argyles, Aledos, Brocks.  Their Tradition, and thus their goal, is to win State.  I know - most teams start out saying that, but it’s lip service.  That Win State Tradition must be awful hard to establish, but once it is, it is a powerful force.  Some schools may have it in one sport, like Silsbee Basketball, but these others, they seem to want to win everything. Heck, they probably win One Act Plays.  Anyway, I wish everyone in SETX had it, and that’s my .02 cents worth.

Btw, DXTR good communication program - thanks, I needed a good laugh :) 

It is beginning to get ridiculous how DFW dominates the state in nearly all sports. DFW just won 5 of 6 State Championships in basketball. We know the history in football. Last year 3 schools (including Argyle) within 20 miles of each other won the highest 3 baseball state championships. 

16 hours ago, 89falcon said:

It is beginning to get ridiculous how DFW dominates the state in nearly all sports. DFW just won 5 of 6 State Championships in basketball. We know the history in football. Last year 3 schools (including Argyle) within 20 miles of each other won the highest 3 baseball state championships. 

The facts are its alot of cheating going up that way in all sports. Aledo, Argyle, Allen, Faith Family, Dallas Madison, etc to name a few.

In basketball, the Dallas teams are just tougher physically and mentally.   That is nothing new.  Although I was impressed with Klein Forest in terms of toughness and intensity.)  Houston basketball has become “suburbanized.”   They have a ton of skilled players but it’s a different game when the physicality comes in.  Dallas still has that inner city basketball mentality.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

The facts are its alot of cheating going up that way in all sports. Aledo, Argyle, Allen, Faith Family, Dallas Madison, etc to name a few.

LOL. DFW teams suffer from "systemic cheating" while the rest of the state does not? Here is another theory: "DFW would sweep all championships except for the fact the rest of the state is cheating". Always love brilliant statements from the locals.

DFW is superior in all athletics because of: 1. superior resources 2. superior coaching 3. superior players 4. superior teams. All of these go hand in hand and are illustrated/verified yearly through titles. 

I will say this:   Dallas coaches don’t block players.  The Ramsey kid from Duncanville switched teams more in HS than LeBron has in his entire career.  Went from Mansfield Summit his sophomore year, to IMG his junior year, then went to Oak Hill to start his senior year, transfers to Duncanville during the school year and has no issue with his DEC.   Happens all the time there.  Then again, it’s a different mentality when you welcome competition instead of try to avoid it.  Once again, it’s a different mentality up there.  

56 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I will say this:   Dallas coaches don’t block players.  The Ramsey kid from Duncanville switched teams more in HS than LeBron has in his entire career.  Went from Mansfield Summit his sophomore year, to IMG his junior year, then went to Oak Hill to start his senior year, transfers to Duncanville during the school year and has no issue with his DEC.   Happens all the time there.  Then again, it’s a different mentality when you welcome competition instead of try to avoid it.  Once again, it’s a different mentality up there.  

Players dont transfer outside of DFW? FYI, "happens all the time everywhere". How many examples do you need of "transfers not being blocked"?

1 hour ago, 89falcon said:

Players dont transfer outside of DFW? FYI, "happens all the time everywhere". How many examples do you need of "transfers not being blocked"?

Where did that say that anywhere in my post?  The one example I posted - IMG and oak hill are not in Dallas.  He transferred out and then back to DFW to a completely new school.  How many examples do YOU need of players in greater Houston who had to sit out?  Let’s just say this year.   FYI, it’s not a short list.  

I wasn’t being critical at all of DFW but you obviously missed the whole point of my post anyway....

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Where did that say that anywhere in my post?  The one example I posted - IMG and oak hill are not in Dallas.  He transferred out and then back to DFW to a completely new school.  How many examples do YOU need of players in greater Houston who had to sit out?  Let’s just say this year.   FYI, it’s not a short list.  

I wasn’t being critical at all of DFW but you obviously missed the whole point of my post anyway....

Your direct statement was: "Happens all the time there". DFW plays by the same UIL rules that the rest of the state are subject to. I suspect there is also a list of player who did "not" sit out in the Houston area as well as a list of players "did" sit out in DFW. 

3 hours ago, 89falcon said:

Your direct statement was: "Happens all the time there". DFW plays by the same UIL rules that the rest of the state are subject to. I suspect there is also a list of player who did "not" sit out in the Houston area as well as a list of players "did" sit out in DFW. 

I only generally know about high level players because that’s who i see in the summers.  So continue your argument if you wish, even though we were essentially both arguing the same side of “DFW basketball is better.”   I wasn’t complaining.  On the contrary, I was arguing that Dallas schools welcome the competition.  And it’s no secret that DFW transfers are MUCH more likely to pass through than similar situations in Houston.  Well, maybe not among the keyboard warriors...

3 hours ago, Mohead2000 said:

Are you serious, DFW plays by the same rules like the rest of the state..  Dallas Madison got two titles stripped from them because of their cheating scheme where a young kid was killed. The People who was involved with that lost their jobs and rightfully so. The cheating scheme was actually exposed with Keith Frazier at Kimball two years prior from the local TV station. He could not even stay eligible at SMU. Bridgeport bought their title with Mark Cuban's money, Plano West with DJ Hogg who was brought down here from Ohio, or Marcus Smart who was brought to Flower Mound Marcus through his AAU coach when it was found out his mother could not afford the rent in Flower Mound. DFW has been doing this for years. Kathy Self-Morgan just resigned from the Duncanville girls progam because of her violations. 

I think it was actually Cuban’s brother-in-Law :D   Hard to argue Family Faith didn’t buy one this year.   Well, they bought Cedar Hill’s program at a minimum. 

Guest ECBucFan
On 3/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, no-look said:

People probably say the same about Silsbee. Like how can a 4A school have three D1 players on the same team. Lol

The most (proportionately) talent overloaded team by far is Newton.