Argyle Sports Question

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

How can a town of 3200 have so much talent to compete at the 4A Level in all sports? Are these kids being pulled in from somewhere else? Job move in kids? Every state football, boys basketball good, and girls basketball. Maybe baseball and soft ball as well. What am I missing here? 

This is the hidden content, please
TX Argyle 2019 RHP
TX Argyle 2019 OF
TX Argyle 2019 OF
TX Argyle 2019 SS
TX Argyle 2020 SS
TX Argyle 2020 C

TX Argyle 2019 SS
TX Argyle 2019 C

TX Argyle 2020 SS
TX Argyle 2019 3B

Argyle baseball team class and where they are committed too. Yes they are good

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I guess is there a factory, manufacturing planet, gas, energy, or what is the main market to influence such talent? 

Arygle is more of a suburb. Im sure everyone drives into the dfw to work. Look at there housing market its expensive to live there. Some years ago I looked into the real-estate in argyle and its just not worth driving back and forth for me.  Two years ago I wanted to see what Aledo looked like so I dove over there to look around. Well I can tell you this Orange has more business than they do. Pretty much new houses going up but you would have to drive into work every day theres not much there at all.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

How can a town of 3200 have so much talent to compete at the 4A Level in all sports? Are these kids being pulled in from somewhere else? Job move in kids? Every state football, boys basketball good, and girls basketball. Maybe baseball and soft ball as well. What am I missing here? 

People probably say the same about Silsbee. Like how can a 4A school have three D1 players on the same team. Lol

6 minutes ago, no-look said:

People probably say the same about Silsbee. Like how can a 4A school have three D1 players on the same team. Lol

If you add some of the football players (Tyler, Jones, Barnes, M. McCain, etc) Silsbee has had several next level players on their basketball team the last few years.

Argyle, Aledo, Brock, and Lipan seem to year after year win consistently. Brock addds football and wins a state title one year later. Argyle and Aledo seem yo to win on everything they do. I don’t know the real reason why, but they have expectations year after year and they seem to work relentless to fulfill them.

I know there are exceptions... but money always plays a part.  

Student A (6'4 220) - Both parents work, unlimited support, never misses a meal, year-round personal trainer, access to any academic tutor money can buy, summer speed/strength/agility camps every summer, access to a nutritionist... etc.

Student B (6'4 220) - let's just say struggles..financially, probably works during the summer, doesn't eat very healthily, poor performance in school because of sleep habits, stays after and lifts weights with a friend when he has a ride... etc.

Again.. I KNOW there are exceptions. But if you don't think that ^^^ happens and plays a part then you're naive. 

The scenario I game above is the difference between a scholarship and not.  Also could be the difference between a state championship and not.  Imagine a team full of kids in the same situation.  Either situation. 

1 hour ago, no-look said:

Hard working players with some talent that buy in and are well coached is a good combination at any school. 

There are hard working players with some talent that buy in all over the state...that are also well coached.  You honestly think that the small handful of teams that win state titles are the only ones that do that? 

6 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

There are hard working players with some talent that buy in all over the state...that are also well coached.  You honestly think that the small handful of teams that win state titles are the only ones that do that? 

Nope. Do you? 

20 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I know there are exceptions... but money always plays a part.  

Student A (6'4 220) - Both parents work, unlimited support, never misses a meal, year-round personal trainer, access to any academic tutor money can buy, summer speed/strength/agility camps every summer, access to a nutritionist... etc.

Student B (6'4 220) - let's just say struggles..financially, probably works during the summer, doesn't eat very healthily, poor performance in school because of sleep habits, stays after and lifts weights with a friend when he has a ride... etc.

Again.. I KNOW there are exceptions. But if you don't think that ^^^ happens and plays a part then you're naive. 

The scenario I game above is the difference between a scholarship and not.  Also could be the difference between a state championship and not.  Imagine a team full of kids in the same situation.  Either situation. 

oldschool2 - you should read "The Miracle of St Anthony" by Adrian Wojnarowski...   Good read and has a lot of thought on this very topic!  I agree with your idea here for the most part - but the exceptions are so much more interesting...

I have always preferred to work with the "student B" from this comparison - that kid is usually a little tougher and wants it a little bit more...

17 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

oldschool2 - you should read "The Miracle of St Anthony" by Adrian Wojnarowski...   Good read and has a lot of thought on this very topic!  I agree with your idea here for the most part - but the exceptions are so much more interesting...

I have always preferred to work with the "student B" from this comparison - that kid is usually a little tougher and wants it a little bit more...

I agree that student B would probably be tougher.  There are some really hard cases all over this country/world where kids have it a lot worse than that ^.. yet they still endure.  Toughness doesn't always equate to success.  Not in sports anyway.  You can be tough and have a great life and become a fantastic human being.  We're not talking about that though.  We're talking about the continued, constant success of Argyle and schools like it.  They probably have a lot more "student A" than they do "student B". 

There are hundreds and thousands of examples of "student B" that can be given of a kid that physically fit the criteria but never made it because they never had much of a chance from the start.