#1 Brock vs #2 East Chambers State Semi

10 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Why is 1 and 2 playing in semis?  I thought the state tourney games were based on record for pairings..

I agree. The two top ranked teams in state and you match them up in the semis, explain that to me. I find it hard to believe that these two teams had records that demand they meet in the semis.

East Chambers is a better team than Brock.  

Average Season Score.    Av. Win Ratio

East Chambers.   81.9.               94%

Brock.     66.8.                87%

I am pulling for EC and “I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN”. Say that over and over and then jump on board for a ride with the Winning team!

Note to self: Never pull for one team and vote for the other team.

2 hours ago, . said:

East Chambers is a better team than Brock.  

Average Season Score.    Av. Win Ratio

East Chambers.   81.9.               94%

Brock.     66.8.                87%

I am pulling for EC and “I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN”. Say that over and over and then jump on board for a ride with the Winning team!

Note to self: Never pull for one team and vote for the other team.

How does ppg and win percentage equate to better team? 

If Brock would of had one more win they would of had the same percentage as Cole.  Brock has some really good shooters so we cant leave them open for 3s.  I know against Colorado City they were only up a few in half but the 3rd quarter of all their games they come out and shut the defense.  They played Decatur twice during the season and played them well in 2 losing efforts.  I think EC wins by 3.

Hopefully the officiating will be better this weekend than it was the last.  At San Antonio I mean.. If not, then EC will be at a disadvantage.  Not sure why but it seems that UIL officials don't like fast-paced basketball.  Boys games are always called differently than girls games though. 

After watching some film on Brock, I really like EC’s chances. Bucs need to play their game, mix it up defensively like they do. And keep rebounding like crazy. They were impressive on the boards and flying around this weekend. Those have a lot to do with effort and their will to win. This team wants it bad!