Silsbee vs Yates Predictions

Silsbee by 3 in overtime.  

The Tigers just aren't firing on all cylinders right now.  They still have the individual talent but they are a little out of kilter.  So nothing will be easy.  They are going to struggle tomorrow, and Yates 3pt shooting will be decisive. Silsbee will be behind by 10 or 12 going into the 4th quarter.  They will make a superhuman effort and tie it.  Yates will be kicking themselves for letting Silsbee come back and will be emotionally drained.  The Tigers, elated to still be alive, will take an early lead in overtime and hold on.

47 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

The Tigers just aren't firing on all cylinders right now.  They still have the individual talent but they are a little out of kilter.  So nothing will be easy.  They are going to struggle tomorrow, and Yates 3pt shooting will be decisive. Silsbee will be behind by 10 or 12 going into the 4th quarter.  They will make a superhuman effort and tie it.  Yates will be kicking themselves for letting Silsbee come back and will be emotionally drained.  The Tigers, elated to still be alive, will take an early lead in overtime and hold on.

That is one heck of a prediction. I hope you are wrong though. Silsbee by 10+! TIGER NATION!!!!

6 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Funniest post I seen all year !!!

6 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I disagree....Silsbee is playing great and will definitely be firing on all cylinders against Yates. Life Wax is the type of team that would have given Yates trouble also...guards that break the press, good 3 point shooting, and two good bigs that can get up and down the court. A fast paced game is exactly what Silsbee is waiting for. 

Wax life plays a style that, when done well, gives the tigers a little trouble.  Yates plays a style that fits right into Silsbee’s hands.  I think Yates isn’t quite as good as the last few years, while the tigers are as strong as ever.  I think Silsbee keeps a small lead most of the game, and pulls away early 4th in what ends up being a fairly comfortable win.  Silsbee 99, Yates 82

The paranoid part of me thinks it's only a matter of time before they get you. Meaning they keep playing us, they'll eventually win one. Hope that doesn't happen for at least another year.

I've only seen Yates play one entire game all year. I hope those of y'all predicting a 15 point Silsbee win are right.

Something tells me if Silsbee loses that Jack Yates poster will magically appear lmao. I will say that Yates is very very solid and athletic. We all know they love to run and force you to run. Silsbee also loves to run and I feel Silsbee does it better. Yates big 3 in Norman, Valirie, and Jones can all play. They also have a little short guard #2 who can shoot well. They shoot alot of wide open 3s and if we can contain that we better rebound. The more you run in the game the heavier the legs get. We shall see who is in better shape in the track meet today! 

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Something tells me if Silsbee loses that Jack Yates poster will magically appear lmao. I will say that Yates is very very solid and athletic. We all know they love to run and force you to run. Silsbee also loves to run and I feel Silsbee does it better. Yates big 3 in Norman, Valirie, and Jones can all play. They also have a little short guard #2 who can shoot well. They shoot alot of wide open 3s and if we can contain that we better rebound. The more you run in the game the heavier the legs get. We shall see who is in better shape in the track meet today! 

Refs better be in shape for this one. 

10 minutes ago, no-look said:

Refs better be in shape for this one. 

Wonder which group of refs will be there? The group in the Yates game yesterday let both teams play. Didn't bother with the touch fouls.....The group in  the Silsbee game called it very tight. Not real sure which style would favor Silsbee today. 

I remember last year.  The Tigers beat Connelly by only 9.  I was wondering how they could possibly beat that powerful Yates team playing the way they were.

And then the next day they beat Yates by 17 scoring 120 points.  And I think most would agree that that Yates team was a little better than this one.  It was the greatest effort I'd ever seen in 4A basketball or maybe at any level.

We'll see.

I was speaking with a group of Yates Fans last light and they were saying this team is better then last year. They were saying last year team was depending on 2 players and the team didn’t play as a unit. It was selfish play last year. This years team play as a unit and they have a point guard that can take anyone off the dribble. They also mentioned how the Yates Coach took the air out of the ball at the end of the game last night. 

18 minutes ago, H-Rocket said:

I was speaking with a group of Yates Fans last light and they were saying this team is better then last year. They were saying last year team was depending on 2 players and the team didn’t play as a unit. It was selfish play last year. This years team play as a unit and they have a point guard that can take anyone off the dribble. They also mentioned how the Yates Coach took the air out of the ball at the end of the game last night. 

We shall see. 

At some point you will have to sit back and realize this Tigers team is not as deep as before. They aren’t beating people by 30+ every game in the playoffs. They are still, probably, the best team in the state for 4A. Quit being spoiled and enjoy this team for what it is. A possible state championship team and one that will be remembered in Silsbee forever. Enjoy this run because it will be a long time before any team in SETX makes a run like they have the last 4 years. With that being said Silsbee by 12. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Dixson said:

At some point you will have to sit back and realize this Tigers team is not as deep as before. They aren’t beating people by 30+ every game in the playoffs. They are still, probably, the best team in the state for 4A. Quit being spoiled and enjoy this team for what it is. A possible state championship team and one that will be remembered in Silsbee forever. Enjoy this run because it will be a long time before any team in SETX makes a run like they have the last 4 years. With that being said Silsbee by 12. 

They'll definitely be remembered, regardless of what happens the rest of this year. All Silsbee fans own them a thanks for finally going all the way and getting a few rings.

I agree they're not as deep as the team from two years ago. That squad could play with just about any team in the state regardless of classification.

Wouldn't be so sure about it being a while before we can make another run. Lots of talent coming up to Silsbee High School these next two years.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

They'll definitely be remembered, regardless of what happens the rest of this year. All Silsbee fans own them a thanks for finally going all the way and getting a few rings.

I agree they're not as deep as the team from two years ago. That squad could play with just about any team in the state regardless of classification.

Wouldn't be so sure about it being a while before we can make another run. Lots of talent coming up to Silsbee High School these next two years.

I see a 2021-23 run