SILSBEE VS. YATES BROADCAST/SATURDAY AT 12:45!

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Im wateing to see what kind of schedule coach Sig has planned for next year. Want have a true starter on the team till after football. Silsbee should have what ever starting 5 on the court till then ready to go if the schedule is like it has been the last few years...

Bush and Cartwright???

6 minutes ago, H-Rocket said:

After reading all of the comments about Silsbee’s Defense and how Yates would be over matched was like WOW. People was saying that the Wax Life Game was good for Silsbee and they would be ready for Yates. The majority of people on this site either under estimated Yates, or over estimated Silsbee. Silsbee interior defense was pathetic, #3 Norman almost had 18 points in the first half and he was in foul trouble. The Yates Coach didn’t press for 32 minutes and Silsbee was either scared or didn’t have the players to press Yates. Those guards were to quick for Silsbee, and it showed by the number of easy layups. 

This was a Upset

Yep Yates won as we won the last 2 in a row. It's not complete unless yall win state. Go handle business. 

I don't think Silsbee will be in the Woodville Tour ey either. I could see Dallas Whataburger Classic, maybe Bulldog Classic, and maybe Gamble Classic. Who knows. I expect them to win district and go back to state myself! Never know what can happen between today and November 2019. Move ins etc.......

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

Only thing I see wrong with this is that last years team wasn’t really deep either.  We only played 7 maybe 8 in those big playoff games.  This year was supposed to be a little deeper, but it didn’t materialize in Huntsville.  I felt like we would have gone at least 8 or 9 deep and possibly 1 or 2 more.  

Silsbee was more motivated last year I guess.  Also, Bush got extremely hot in that game.  He was hitting shots that would break an opposing team's spirit.

10 hours ago, Kountzer said:

One more thing:  H-Rocket and Bayou 713 (remember him?)  are one in the same person. Not sure who he is in real life & don't want to know.  But that's the same person.

H-Rocket and Bayou 713 are two separate individuals. Both from H-Town 

Just a couple of observations here. A lot of people think the lack of depth cost the Tigers a return trip to San Antonio this year. I know Bush is a great player but a return trip to San Antonio with a group of players who didn't play much this season may be a stretch . It's tough to get out of region 3. 

12 hours ago, H-Rocket said:

H-Rocket and Bayou 713 are two separate individuals. Both from H-Town 

You told on yourself Bruh. If you had said 'who is bayou 713?" I'd be inclined to believe you.  Instead you said they are two individuals...nah that's you, both of them.  Fess up homes.

18 hours ago, whsalum said:

Just a couple of observations here. A lot of people think the lack of depth cost the Tigers a return trip to San Antonio this year. I know Bush is a great player but a return trip to San Antonio with a group of players who didn't play much this season may be a stretch . It's tough to get out of region 3. 

Several of those players that didnt get much time this weekend did get good minutes in many games during the season and in good games not just lopsided ones.  Even with that though you are correct it will be a tough road to get to SA next year. You dont lose players of that caliber and who make up all your size and just jump right back to the top.

Silsbee will be back great coach and if the coming players want the success they will follow. Remember Yates whole community was spoiled by the National champs Lions team that was probably 20 points better than these teams. So Silsbee hold your head up you will get back just follow the system in place Yates did and they are going back.

6 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Not sure where Braylon would play unless he left the area and went to an academy type school.

People seem to forget Silsbee was a game away from going to state before Braylon, Jordyn or Devon were on the team. Lost to a loaded Sterling squad.

Whatever happens, Tiger basketball will be fine in the long run.

Jordyn and Devon have been to state as Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors. Winning two of the three.....misread your post. I see now. 

15 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I should be asking you that question.

Hey I was minding my business living my blessed life and enjoying this season then all of sudden  my left eye started to twitch. So I decided to check this message board and low and behold I see the bayou name being brought up in a  negative way ...shame on you bro!! Smh ..lol 

Not sure Silsbee goes back to state next year but another district championship sure. The year after that tho who knows. Silsbee has some pretty good post and guards coming thru. I dont k ow of anyone who will be as good as Adam's, McCain, and Bush as a trio. What also made them so good was all the talent around them. You forget about the Bruce Newton, Trajon Harris, Calvin Tyler, Michael McCain, Kaylon Barnes, Landon Tyler, Willie Jones jr, and Tre Lowe. Each on of those kids could have started for almost anyone e in the state and made all district 1st team.