Whatever you think of Trump

stevenash

27 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Again, your analytical skills are atrocious. I had to spoon feed you what LumRaiderFan implied...and what most, if not all, others on this board readily interpreted. You seem to be the only one that is lost, evidenced by your proclamation that Trump fires everyone that doesn't agree with him. Do you hear the laughter?

Again, Sad.

37 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Again, Sad.

Yes indeed, for you. Are you tired of embarrassing yourself? Would you like to explain how you can't even interpret a clear statement, but somehow have the skillfulness to make a judgmental statement about someone in which you have no clue. That is sad, and laughably hubristic. That laughter must be deafening by now.

You are right but then again, we are only half way through the first term.   Does it remind you of " you can keep your doctor and healthcare plan if you want",

"my new healthcare plan will save the average family $2500 in annual  premiums"  " Benghazi was caused by an internet video"  " Bowe Bergdahl served this country with honor and distinction"   " I will build a 21st century VA"  " My stimulus plan will provide shovel ready jobs"

It may be hard for me to square the former with the promise.   However, I am guessing your efforts at " squaring" all of the latter will be more difficult.

40 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Trade deficit increases $100 billion since Trump took office. Highest deficit in history.  Budget deficit set to hit almost $1 trillion this year. Square that with his promises.

Patience...the promise isn't broken until he's gone.  Such as the promises Nash pointed out that Obama clearly broke. (more like flat out lies)

This is the hidden content, please

44 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Patience...the promise isn't broken until he's gone.  Such as the promises Nash pointed out that Obama clearly broke. (more like flat out lies)

This is the hidden content, please

those flat out lies were either overt, intentional lies and if they were not lies, they were then spoken by an extremely naïve individual who is not, as portrayed, the "smartest man in the world"

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

You are right but then again, we are only half way through the first term.   Does it remind you of " you can keep your doctor and healthcare plan if you want",

"my new healthcare plan will save the average family $2500 in annual  premiums"  " Benghazi was caused by an internet video"  " Bowe Bergdahl served this country with honor and distinction"   " I will build a 21st century VA"  " My stimulus plan will provide shovel ready jobs"

It may be hard for me to square the former with the promise.   However, I am guessing your efforts at " squaring" all of the latter will be more difficult.

It would be better if you simply made stuff up. Facts are confusing to some. It makes them stutter.

29 minutes ago, baddog said:

It would be better if you simply made stuff up. Facts are confusing to some. It makes them stutter.

Bash the past all you want. It’s who’s President now that’s relevant. So what about his healthcare promises? Or, “I like people who weren’t captured”. Or, not saying jack about the Kashoggi murdrer? Not a word about the botched Yemeni raid? I can keep going with more facts that’ll have you muttering, if not stuttering. You can’t see the present when you’re lost in the past.

8 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Bash the past all you want. It’s who’s President now that’s relevant. So what about his healthcare promises? Or, “I like people who weren’t captured”. Or, not saying jack about the Kashoggi murdrer? Not a word about the botched Yemeni raid? I can keep going with more facts that’ll have you muttering, if not stuttering. You can’t see the present when you’re lost in the past.

I would say the effects of Obamacare are relevant, wouldn't you?

And I seem to recall you bringing up 2007 several times...which way do you want it?

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Really, Kashoggi vs. Benghazi? Really? Didn't care for McCain so that's a moot point with me.  Do you hold it against Jimmy Carter for the botched hostage rescue attempt?

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

And I seem to recall you bringing up 2007 several times...which way do you want it?

I think my 2007 remarks were in response to comments about stuff that happened in 2005. That was in an historical context, not just “your guy lied too”.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Really, Kashoggi vs. Benghazi? Really? Didn't care for McCain so that's a moot point with me.  Do you hold it against Jimmy Carter for the botched hostage rescue attempt?

Yemen vs Benghazi. Buck stops at top, so yeah, Carter gets the rap. McCain was a war hero whether you cared for him or not. I didn’t particularly care for his politics, but I respected his service.

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Yemen vs Benghazi. Buck stops at top, so yeah, Carter gets the rap. McCain was a war hero whether you cared for him or not. I didn’t particularly care for his politics, but I respected his service.

Of course I respect his service. He was a rhino, so I didn't trust him any further than I could throw him. 

Trump was young in office for Yemen. Not making excuses, just laying it off on the military brass in charge. Same for Carter. Both were valiant efforts, just didn't work out.

And, Obamacare would have had a better chance if all states had participated in exchanges and the individual mandate had been left in place. Insurance is based on the law of large numbers. The larger the pool of participants, the more broadly and cheaply the costs are spread.

16 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Do you consider all those that have fought in war as heroes?

No. Heroes go above and beyond. Why do you think they give medals for exemplary bravery and personal sacrifice? All members of the military deserve our thanks and respect for their service. My son did 20 years in the Navy.

And, Obamacare would have had a better chance if all states had participated in exchanges and the individual mandate had been left in place. Insurance is based on the law of large numbers. The larger the pool of participants, the more broadly and cheaply the costs are spread.

Obama had one purpose...single payer.

Republicans have been trying to allow competition across all states for years.  The Dems didn’t want any of that, because it was still privatized and not under the thumb of the fed gov.

Remember Obama telling the woman’s mother she may have to take a pill instead of receiving an operation...there was a glimpse of Obamacare straight from the liars mouth.

No. Heroes go above and beyond. Why do you think they give medals for exemplary bravery and personal sacrifice? All members of the military deserve our thanks and respect for their service. My son did 20 years in the Navy.

They don't have to win the Congressional medal of Honor to be my hero. Thank your son for me.

Most everyone respects his service, doesn’t mean his squishy moderate politics are beyond criticism.

13 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Obama had one purpose...single payer.

Republicans have been trying to allow competition across all states for years.  The Dems didn’t want any of that, because it was still privatized and not under the thumb of the fed gov.

Remember Obama telling the woman’s mother she may have to take a pill instead of receiving an operation...there was a glimpse of Obamacare straight from the liars mouth.

Congress, all of ‘em, aren’t into competition when it comes to healthcare. I read a most enlightening article in the WSJ several years ago about a man in Pennsylvania who needed a hip replacement and had no insurance. The best cash deal he could get in the US was $90,000+. Of that amount, $10,000 was the cost of the actual replacement part, manufactured by a company in Ohio. The man began to look elsewhere and found out he could get the same procedure done in Belgium, including transportation, meals and lodging through the rehab period for less than $20,000. One major cost saving: the same part by the same manufacturer cost $1,000. The Belgian government bid out x number of parts estimated to be used in a year, and the cheapest bid won. In 2014 Belgium’s cost of healthcare as a percentage of GDP was 10.4%. We are over 18%. It seems the single payer system in Belgium is more competitive and less costly than our so-called private healthcare system. And don’t blame lawsuits. Most states have enacted tort reform statutes that strictly limit the liability of healthcare providers. Congress refuses to give Medicare the right to similarly bargain for the best deal. Competition in the private healthcare market? Don’t make me laugh.

13 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Congress, all of ‘em, aren’t into competition when it comes to healthcare. I read a most enlightening article in the WSJ several years ago about a man in Pennsylvania who needed a hip replacement and had no insurance. The best cash deal he could get in the US was $90,000+. Of that amount, $10,000 was the cost of the actual replacement part, manufactured by a company in Ohio. The man began to look elsewhere and found out he could get the same procedure done in Belgium, including transportation, meals and lodging through the rehab period for less than $20,000. One major cost saving: the same part by the same manufacturer cost $1,000. The Belgian government bid out x number of parts estimated to be used in a year, and the cheapest bid won. In 2014 Belgium’s cost of healthcare as a percentage of GDP was 10.4%. We are over 18%. It seems the single payer system in Belgium is more competitive and less costly than our so-called private healthcare system. And don’t blame lawsuits. Most states have enacted tort reform statutes that strictly limit the liability of healthcare providers. Congress refuses to give Medicare the right to similarly bargain for the best deal. Competition in the private healthcare market? Don’t make me laugh.

Competition in the private market is what has made this country the greatest in the world., shame that you can't see that.

You can throw out all these types of stats you want, when the wealthy in any area of the world is ill and needs the best care, they come here.

Don't you get tired of downgrading America?

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Belgium has one of the highest effective tax rates in the world.  That "system" has a 21% VAT tax.  Their system covers 98% of their population while the U.S. system covers 91% .  I would also guess that Belgium does not have, within their cost structure, the expense of covering a very large sum of non citizens getting coverage

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Competition in the private market is what has made this country the greatest in the world., shame that you can't see that.

You can throw out all these types of stats you want, when the wealthy in any area of the world is ill and needs the best care, they come here.

Don't you get tired of downgrading America?

Not the dude from Pennsylvania. Then again, he wasn’ wealthy. Offering my opinion on how the system could be improved is not downgrading America. How else can you justify a company selling the same part overseas for 1/10 the cost it charged here besides lack of competition? Competition is great. Our healthcare system demonstrates what happens in a”free” market without competition. Excessive cost with lower overall health outcomes.