Jim Jordan Blisters Dems In Genius Opening Statement!

Reagan

48 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I object, sir. Your Republican Party is lead by a lying, cheating, “what can my country do for me” narcissist.

You may be correct with your statement, but I haven’t seen our President do anything to hurt America or the Christian values that America was founded on. I haven’t seen any proof that he is racist like the DEMONcrats/liberals claim. What I have seen is the DEMONcrat party attack anything that is related to President  Trump. I have seen the DEMONcrat party value illegal immigrants more than fellow AMERICANS. That is enough for me!!!

5 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

You may be correct with your statement, but I haven’t seen our President do anything to hurt America or the Christian values that America was founded on. I haven’t seen any proof that he is racist like the DEMONcrats/liberals claim. What I have seen is the DEMONcrat party attack anything that is related to President  Trump. I have seen the DEMONcrat party value illegal immigrants more than fellow AMERICANS. That is enough for me!!!

Don’t forget that many of them are in favor of killing young children outside of the womb.

You proud of that policy UT alum?

20 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Not the prison reform bill. 

Central Park five 

Birtherism

Fines in New York for racial discrimination of housing

Birtherism? What exactly does that prove? Are you saying these things prove that President Trump is racist? If so, you need to figure out what racist means. President Trump doubts, like others do, that President Obama is an American. That is not racist. President Trump thinks that 5 people who admitted to a crime are guilty. How is that racist?

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Not the prison reform bill. 

Central Park five 

Birtherism

Fines in New York for racial discrimination of housing

Your choice of "evidence" of racism illustrates an over reliance and utter dependency on Liberal propaganda. But yet you will undoubtedly accuse us of blinding following Conservative talking points, even after you laughably coughed up these gems. Remind us again of who started the "birther" movement. Was it the same person that called half of America "deplorables"?

56 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Birtherism? What exactly does that prove? Are you saying these things prove that President Trump is racist? If so, you need to figure out what racist means. President Trump doubts, like others do, that President Obama is an American. That is not racist. President Trump thinks that 5 people who admitted to a crime are guilty. How is that racist?

He wouldn’t have done it to a white man.

Thr justice system vacated their sentences, and still he kept after it. I started to say he wouldn’t do it to a white man, but he’d do it to anyone to draw attention to himself, so that was a poor example of racism. It’s just Trump. 

I will probably get blasted for this but Congress has an all time low number of lawyers among its members.  I read it’s somewhere around 36 percent when historically it’s been around 80 percent.  This couldn’t have been more apparent than in the Cohen hearings.  The questioning was unwatchable.  No real examination.  People reading statements pre-prepared.  No follow ups.  All of them just basically stumping their self-interests.  

I would also submit that the current make up of congrès also lends itself to being unable to negotiate and find common ground, without folks who practice these “arts” for a living.  Is this shift in backgrounds/professions of Congress members a bad thing?  LRF and I have discussed the benefit of “gridlock” in Congress many times.  But what about when we actually need those yahoos to get something done?

51 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I will probably get blasted for this but Congress has an all time low number of lawyers among its members.  I read it’s somewhere around 36 percent when historically it’s been around 80 percent.  This couldn’t have been more apparent than in the Cohen hearings.  The questioning was unwatchable.  No real examination.  People reading statements pre-prepared.  No follow ups.  All of them just basically stumping their self-interests.  

I would also submit that the current make up of congrès also lends itself to being unable to negotiate and find common ground, without folks who practice these “arts” for a living.  Is this shift in backgrounds/professions of Congress members a bad thing?  LRF and I have discussed the benefit of “gridlock” in Congress many times.  But what about when we actually needs those yahoos to get something done?

Agree, I have been a fan of gridlock recently because that seemed to be the best way for bad policy to be stopped.

Our lawmakers need to consist of a group of reasonable individuals that are measuring all legislation against our Constitution.  That being said, they must first understand our Constitution and govern by it, even when it is in disagreement with their own ideology. (One can always wish, huh?)

If this calls for more lawyers, which I would think would be inclined to try to reach some sort of compromise on most issues, then I'm all for it.

Some issues are too important to compromise on and most should be dealt with on the state level anyway. (Wishing again)

I see these freshman congressmen and women come in with no regard for the Constitution and no intention of negotiating, even within their own party.

Hopefully, it will improve (by purging the agitators) but until then, I'll continue to root for gridlock.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, UT alum said:

He wouldn’t have done it to a white man.

Thr justice system vacated their sentences, and still he kept after it. I started to say he wouldn’t do it to a white man, but he’d do it to anyone to draw attention to himself, so that was a poor example of racism. It’s just Trump. 

And exactly how is it that you "know" that?

32 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree, I have been a fan of gridlock recently because that seemed to be the best way for bad policy to be stopped.

Our lawmakers need to consist of a group of reasonable individuals that are measuring all legislation against our Constitution.  That being said, they must first understand our Constitution and govern by it, even when it is in disagreement with their own ideology. (One can always wish, huh?)

If this calls for more lawyers, which I would think would be inclined to try to reach some sort of compromise on most issues, then I'm all for it.

Some issues are too important to compromise on and most should be dealt with on the state level anyway. (Wishing again)

I see these freshman congressmen and women come in with no regard for the Constitution and no intention of negotiating, even within their own party.

Hopefully, it will improve (by purging the agitators) but until then, I'll continue to root for gridlock.

Man, very well said my friend.