Wax Life Vs Silsbee

Who That

Maxpreps, as is common, is wrong.

This is the hidden content, please

Final: Varsity Boys Basketball Playoff Life Waxahachie - 52 China Spring - 50 Life wins it on a buzzer beater 2 point shot. Hold your heads high, Cougars! You gave Cougar Nation a ride that we haven’t seen in decades. We are proud of you!!

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Maxpreps, as is common, is wrong.

Final: Varsity Boys Basketball Playoff Life Waxahachie - 52 China Spring - 50 Life wins it on a buzzer beater 2 point shot. Hold your heads high, Cougars! You gave Cougar Nation a ride that we haven’t seen in decades. We are proud of you!!

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Crazy last shot in that China Spring game. Looks like that kid just tossed it up there.

I think Silsbee takes this one by 20 something, especially seeing how they weren't happy about the defensive effort given last night. 

Yeah, that shot was crazy lucky. He just chunked it. 

20 minutes ago, no-look said:

Just when AAW was getting over that you go and knock the scalb off the sore. 

ouch!....

But If Wax Life takes down Silsbee just like the 2008-2009 Jasper Bulldogs.

The following game outcome for Wax Life would be just the same as the 2008-2009 Jasper Bulldogs with a 10+ or more defeat. 

Silsbee or Yates will go to State.

8 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

ouch!....

But If Wax Life takes down Silsbee just like the 2008-2009 Jasper Bulldogs.

The following game outcome for Wax Life would be just the same as the 2008-2009 Jasper Bulldogs with a 10+ or more defeat. 

Silsbee or Yates will go to State.

The Back2Back Champs will not loss to Wax Life.  If work permits I'm planning on being in Huntsville for the 6:15 game and leave by 9:15, Silsbee should have the game won by then.

I hope Bush can play Friday night.  Selfishly, just because it's something of a drive and he's so much fun to watch.  But I'm not that greedy.  If they need to put him on an as needed basis I can I'll live with my disappointment for the greater good.

But dang, the kid is a one man highlight reel.  He makes an acrobatic layup, falls, gets up, runs down the ball handler on the other end who thinks he's headed for a layup, steals the ball from behind without breaking stride, makes a big loop all the way down to the opponents baseline, and dribbles back the other way. 

He's making a drive but gets turned around in the lane. Not to worry, we'll just go ahead and make this layup with our back to the goal. 

You can understand why you frequently hear the word "blessed" when you see Coach being interviewed. 

41 minutes ago, Who That said:

I can see  Silsbee destroying this team... Especially trying to run and trap like this... playing Silsbee's game...! And their big want know what hit him.. :)

They don't look super good do they?  I guess it could be argued that if Silsbee and Yates meet again, Silsbee may have had the easier road.

Yates faced the 15th ranked team in HJ.  A team which came within 3 of the short handed Tigers.  And Yates semi opponent Connally beat the 23rd ranked team that had previously beaten the 12th ranked team.

Silsbee on the other hand has faced two unranked opponents and the 24th ranked Huffman Falcons.  And Wax does looks a little less than spectacular in this vid.

By extrapolation however it can be shown that Huffman is just as good as Yates.  Yates' margin over HJ was 11.  Silsbee's margin over HJ in the second meeting was 26.  26 - 11 is 15.  Silsbee's projected spread over Yates is 15.  Reinforced by the fact that this is in keeping with our 17 pt. margin in last year's final.  Silsbee's margin over Huff was 15.  Therefore we can draw the conclusion that Huff and Yates are equal. 

And a second conclusion we can draw from the above is that the old adage, statistics don't lie but statisticians do, has some credence.

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I hope Bush can play Friday night.  Selfishly, just because it's something of a drive and he's so much fun to watch.  But I'm not that greedy.  If they need to put him on an as needed basis I can I'll live with my disappointment for the greater good.

But dang, the kid is a one man highlight reel.  He makes an acrobatic layup, falls, gets up, runs down the ball handler on the other end who thinks he's headed for a layup, steals the ball from behind without breaking stride, makes a big loop all the way down to the opponents baseline, and dribbles back the other way. 

He's making a drive but gets turned around in the lane. Not to worry, we'll just go ahead and make this layup with our back to the goal. 

You can understand why you frequently hear the word "blessed" when you see Coach being interviewed. 

On 2/27/2019 at 0:56 PM, H-Rocket said:

Silsbee by 30

He said he is good to go.

2 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

They don't look super good do they?  I guess it could be argued that if Silsbee and Yates meet again, Silsbee may have had the easier road.

Yates faced the 15th ranked team in HJ.  A team which came within 3 of the short handed Tigers.  And Yates semi opponent Connally beat the 23rd ranked team that had previously beaten the 12th ranked team.

Silsbee on the other hand has faced two unranked opponents and the 24th ranked Huffman Falcons.  And Wax does looks a little less than spectacular in this vid.

By extrapolation however it can be shown that Huffman is just as good as Yates.  Yates' margin over HJ was 11.  Silsbee's margin over HJ in the second meeting was 26.  26 - 11 is 15.  Silsbee's projected spread over Yates is 15.  Reinforced by the fact that this is in keeping with our 17 pt. margin in last year's final.  Silsbee's margin over Huff was 15.  Therefore we can draw the conclusion that Huff and Yates are equal. 

And a second conclusion we can draw from the above is that the old adage, statistics don't lie but statisticians do, has some credence.

Silsbee wont be 15 over Yates. I hope we win. Maybe 7 or 8. YATES can shoot 

49 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee wont be 15 over Yates. I hope we win. Maybe 7 or 8. YATES can shoot 

Oh yea, I agree completely.  The Yates game (if there is one - don't want to count chickens)  will be a barn burner.  Overtime is a strong likelihood.  This was just a math game for fun.

I will say this though.  Having seen him play twice, that No. 22 for Huff is as good or better than anybody on Yates team this year.  The Falcons should have handled Furr with relative ease last week but they struggled.  You saw how solid the point guard No. 10 was against the Tigers.  He was making mistakes in the Furr game.  It was weird.  But No. 22 wasn't having it.  His solid play all game long kept them going.  His 30 points against the Tigers speaks for itself.  Look at that half time score of 43 - 37 and compare it to the halftime score of 43 - 18 the last time Silsbee played HJ.  Okay, Silsbee wasn't having the best night defensively.  Well?  Why is that?  Maybe it was because the Falcons were making us look bad.  The buzzer beating 3 by Jordyn at the end of the first quarter and the fabulous grab and shoot buzzer beating 2 by Bush at the half were basically the difference.  Without those two shots we go into the locker room only 1 point up.