Really Sad Commentary On The Modern Democratic Party!

Reagan

On 2/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, BS Wildcats said:

Would some of the Dim posters here please explain how you continue to back this party?  This one thing should keep ANYONE from ever casting another vote for a Demoncrat!!

Abortion is legal. A lot about it I don’t like, but it’s legal. I support a party that cares about healthcare, childcare, and education for those who are born. Sometimes it seems the Republican Party cares more for the unborn than the born. Show me some legislative compassion for the living and I might consider things differently. I’ve seen nothing on here but scorn for the homeless, blame for the poor placed on the poor, and strong dislike bordering on hatred for the immigrant. I think all of these were addressed in the New Testament. Scorn, blame, and hatred were not the answers.

15 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Abortion is legal. A lot about it I don’t like, but it’s legal. I support a party that cares about healthcare, childcare, and education for those who are born. Sometimes it seems the Republican Party cares more for the unborn than the born. Show me some legislative compassion for the living and I might consider things differently. I’ve seen nothing on here but scorn for the homeless, blame for the poor placed on the poor, and strong dislike bordering on hatred for the immigrant. I think all of these were addressed in the New Testament. Scorn, blame, and hatred were not the answers.

As abortion is regrettably legal, the majority of the immigration is illegal.  I would bet that you can't find one post here depicting scorn for the homeless or blaming the poor for being poor.

45 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Legislative compassion?

Why don’t you do volunteer work on your own...no legislation required.

Take a look at our budget...it has gobs of legislative “compassion “ that has been going on for decades and all it has done is cause misery and kept the poor enslaved in welfare all for votes by your pathetic party,

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

Laws are made by our legislature.  Show me which law it was they passed that made abortion legal?!

39 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Laws are made by our legislature.  Show me which law it was they passed that made abortion legal?!

Not all laws are constitutional. That’s why we have a Supreme Court. State laws prohibiting abortion were declared to be unconstitutional in the 7-2 Roe vs Wade decision.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Not all laws are constitutional. That’s why we have a Supreme Court. State laws prohibiting abortion were declared to be unconstitutional in the 7-2 Roe vs Wade decision.

So, let's understand something:  There was not a law that the states were violating because no law was ever passed.  Since there was not federal law to site, the Supreme Court ruled that states were violating the Constitution?  Maybe you can help us:  Were in the Constitution does it mention that abortion is Constitutional? 

This following article is entitled: "William Brennan and the Creation Of A Right To An Abortion".  From the article: " In case after case, with no tenable basis in constitutional text or history, Brennan supplanted the policy choices of elected representatives with his own views."  I believe it was Brennan who once said that he basically knows there is not a right to an abortion in the Constitution but that he personally feels that abortions should be legal. This why it's always been on very legal shaky ground and will, hopefully, be easily overturned.

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

UT, PS:  I would direct you to the10th Amendment to the Constitution.  Give it a read and tell us if it mentions anything closing resembling the right to an abortion?!  Also, after reading it, would you think it more reflects the modern day liberal philosophy or modern day conservative philosophy?  And i do appreciate your comments!

Interesting case in Alabama.  His girlfriend aborted his baby against his wishes, so he is suing and the Alabama Courts ageeed that the fetus has legal rights.  

He had no legal say in the baby being murdered, but if the mother kept it against his wishes, he would be required to pay child support for 18 years.  That doesn’t make much sense.  This will be a good one to follow. 

Quote:
An Alabama court has recognized an aborted fetus as a person with legal rights

, a decision that's reportedly never been made anywhere in the United States before.

The decision allows the baby's would-be-father, and the baby, to sue the abortion clinic and others involved in terminating the pregnancy.

"We have already had a victory, and it was the first one of its kind ever," attorney for the father Brent Helms said. "This is the first estate that I'm aware of that has ever been opened for an aborted baby." Now that the terminated baby is recognized as a person, the father, Ryan Magers, legally represents it. "It can further pursue not only me, but other fathers, other future fathers, can pursue it as well," Magers said. 

Magers and the baby, named "Baby Roe" in court documents, are suing the Alabama Women's Center and others involved in terminating the pregnancy.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:25 PM, UT alum said:

Abortion is wrong in the eyesight of God. Jeremiah 1v5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the wound I sanctified thee. Job 31 v 15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?Psalms 22v 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mothers belly.

I speak life and life abundantly.

45 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Interesting case in Alabama.  His girlfriend aborted his baby against his wishes, so he is suing and the Alabama Courts ageeed that the fetus has legal rights.  

He had no legal say in the baby being murdered, but if the mother kept it against his wishes, he would be required to pay child support for 18 years.  That doesn’t make much sense.  This will be a good one to follow. 

Quote:

, a decision that's reportedly never been made anywhere in the United States before.

The decision allows the baby's would-be-father, and the baby, to sue the abortion clinic and others involved in terminating the pregnancy.

"We have already had a victory, and it was the first one of its kind ever," attorney for the father Brent Helms said. "This is the first estate that I'm aware of that has ever been opened for an aborted baby." Now that the terminated baby is recognized as a person, the father, Ryan Magers, legally represents it. "It can further pursue not only me, but other fathers, other future fathers, can pursue it as well," Magers said. 

Magers and the baby, named "Baby Roe" in court documents, are suing the Alabama Women's Center and others involved in terminating the pregnancy.

Agree...folks should think about that.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Quote:

Yep. That’ll give a lot of insight into how the Supreme Court will rule in abortion cases. I predict it will wind up there.