HJ vs Burnet

HJ definitely drew the opponent that I hoped they would.  While unranked, Burnet is 31-7 on the season, and there are no bad teams left at this stage.  They beat some good teams on their way to state, but as best I can tell they came out of the weakest region.  Many of their 7 losses aren’t great, with several losses to teams with bad records (and a loss to a 2A school, albeit one with a 38-1 record) while all of HJs came to competition with winning records (6A #4 Jersey Village, 6A Flower Mound Marcus, 5A Boswell with a 31-7 record, and 6A #17 Frenship).  I didn’t want HJ to draw Argyle or Dallas Lincoln, ranked 4 and 5, because drawing one meant they probably have to beat both to win a championship.  I like the hawks’ chances in this one, and I’ll take them 74-59. 

I did notice a couple of common opponents with argyle, who scare me the most.  Pretty much all 7 of their losses are close losses to 6A schools.  The lost to Marcus and Boswell like HJ, but by 3 and 5 points.  HJ lost to those teams by 19 and 14.  Argyle plays slow, methodical games, which is not really HJs style.  I’m hoping if the hawks advance they play Lincoln.  

Don’t know much about Burnet. Just what’s on Maxpreps. Does look like they have some shooters who can get hot. 

Stats show they average about 14 points less per game than HJ but also allow a couple points less per game. 

Of course being the state semifinals, the competition is tough, but HJ played quite a few very tough teams  this year and I feel they will be well prepared and coached.

I’m thinking the game may be a little lower scoring than most think, and may be a little tighter, but HJ should be able to pull this one out  and advance. 

Good luck ladies, good luck coach, show SA and the rest of the state, what some HIGH FLYING LADY HAWKS can do!

#whoyarootinfor

#HJHAWKS