Silsbee vs Huffman

BADSANTA

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But you have to have guards that are strong dribblers that can split defenders and know how to pass out of aggressive presses... I don't know if you'll find That combination left amoungst the remaining playoff teams....

I'm figuring that guard play will improve at each level.  Consequently the opportunities for easy baskets will decrease as well at each level.  But even good guards have mental lapses and the Tigers are always ready to pounce.

28 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Exceptional guard play and good bigs can give Silsbee trouble. Notice I said "good" bigs, not just any kind of bigs

Having 6 foot 10 and 6 foot 7 guys certainly didn't save Somerset last year from a beat down.

No it didn't. He had his moments, there was one monster dunk in particular and that fun, but he seemed to be behind the action a lot of the time.  He was probably a net weakness in transition.  

22 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

No it didn't. He had his moments, there was one monster dunk in particular and that fun, but he seemed to be behind the action a lot of the time.  He was probably a net weakness in transition.  

Yeah that one pump fake he gave Kaylon and dunked was about his lone highlight.

12 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Any Huffman fans on this site?

I've seen this team a few times this and I'm a fan of how they play the game. Solid team with plenty of skill and tons of effort. I have a lot of respect for them but I am not from Huffman. I would love to see them be competitive for a portion of this game, but barring some key injuries or some other freak circumstances, I see no chance what so ever Huffman wins this game.

1 hour ago, indian15/16 said:

I've seen this team a few times this and I'm a fan of how they play the game. Solid team with plenty of skill and tons of effort. I have a lot of respect for them but I am not from Huffman. I would love to see them be competitive for a portion of this game, but barring some key injuries or some other freak circumstances, I see no chance what so ever Huffman wins this game.

The problem for Huffman is that there's a good chance that Tigers are going to take this game very seriously, like a Hardin Jefferson game.  I sat in front of the Silsbee Coaches last Thursday, tried to get them to talk about how well HJ did against Yates and what that meant for the Regional final.  But they very reticent about that.  They really were focusing on Huffman.  Nobody wants to jinx anything by overlooking the challenge at hand.

Freak circumstances are a possibility, if a remote one.  The flu has been going around in Silsbee.  Report cards aren't out till Friday and if that's going to be a thing it's not going to help the Falcons on Tuesday; unless maybe there are Tigers with incompletes that have to stay home and do desperate makeup work. 

But if I was a Falcon I'd want the Tigers' best game and let the chips fall where they may.  A Miracle on Ice type thing maybe?  Except on wood?  But no, Coach Sig has outlawed miracles.

23 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

The problem for Huffman is that there's a good chance that Tigers are going to take this game very seriously, like a Hardin Jefferson game.  I sat in front of the Silsbee Coaches last Thursday, tried to get them to talk about how well HJ did against Yates and what that meant for the Regional final.  But they very reticent about that.  They really were focusing on Huffman.  Nobody wants to jinx anything by overlooking the challenge at hand.

Freak circumstances are a possibility, if a remote one.  The flu has been going around in Silsbee.  Report cards aren't out till Friday and if that's going to be a thing it's not going to help the Falcons on Tuesday; unless maybe there are Tigers with incompletes that have to stay home and do desperate makeup work. 

But if I was a Falcon I'd want the Tigers' best game and let the chips fall where they may.  A Miracle on Ice type thing maybe?  Except on wood?  But no, Coach Sig has outlawed miracles.

I sat right beside the Silsbee coaches Thursday. First we sat on first two rows on visitor side during HJ/Yates game. Then moved over to the home side and sat up top behind Huffman bench for that game. I don't recall anyone sitting in front of us making conversation. The Shepherd head coach along with some Livingston coaches sat behind us.

?

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I sat right beside the Silsbee coaches Thursday. First we sat on first two rows on visitor side during HJ/Yates game. Then moved over to the home side and sat up top behind Huffman bench for that game. I don't recall anyone sitting in front of us making conversation. The Shepherd head coach along with some Livingston coaches sat behind us.

?

I was there a couple of rows below wearing my good luck Silsbee tee from 2016-17.  Talked to them before the Furr game started.

Am I right about the main point, and you know better than me, the Tigers won't be looking past the Falcons to the tournament.  And that's bad news for Huffman.

5 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I was there a couple of rows below wearing my good luck Silsbee tee from 2016-17.  Talked to them before the Furr game started.

Am I right about the main point, and you know better than me, the Tigers won't be looking past the Falcons to the tournament.  And that's bad news for Huffman.

Huffman has all of Silsbee's attention.

Also, no player will be lost to grades from what I was told and Silsbee will be getting Cartwright back after sitting out last two games.