Silsbee vs Huffman

BADSANTA

This will be one bunch of guards vs. another bunch of guards.  In other words, 4A heaven, a game not sullied by the presence of plodding power forwards or hulking centers.  But our starting guards are mostly taller than theirs.  (note the hypocrisy) 

Based on what I saw on Tuesday I don't see how Huffman can consistently stop Silsbee's transition game even if they do get back on defense.  The Tigers won't have to go around, they can shoot over the Falcons.  Over the Falcons?  That sounds counterintuitive doesn't it?  

Huffman does represent something of a threat which is a good thing for a change.  So far the prey has been sort of like women washing clothes at the bank of the stream or children playing too far from the village.  Tigers will make those kills but they aren't really that satisfying.  Now we're moving on to bigger game that can run and even fight back.

25 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

This will be one bunch of guards vs. another bunch of guards.  In other words, 4A heaven, a game not sullied by the presence of plodding power forwards or hulking centers.  But our starting guards are mostly taller than theirs.  (note the hypocrisy) 

Based on what I saw on Tuesday I don't see how Huffman can consistently stop Silsbee's transition game even if they do get back on defense.  The Tigers won't have to go around, they can shoot over the Falcons.  Over the Falcons?  That sounds counterintuitive doesn't it?  

Huffman does represent something of a threat which is a good thing for a change.  So far the prey has been sort of like women washing clothes at the bank of the stream or children playing too far from the village.  Tigers will make those kills but they aren't really that satisfying.  Now we're moving on to bigger game that can run and even fight back.

This has to be one of the top 3 corniest insights of a game thread that I have ever read on here lol. Job well done!

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

I love it!  Great descriptions and great analogies.  Lol

19 minutes ago, H-Rocket said:

Does Silsbee have a half court game (Big Man In The Middle) If Huffman is able to slow the game down and play half court basketball???

Sure!  Course they do.  They have a Big Man in the Middle kind of game, all except the big man in the middle.  But yea, Silsbee runs an offense.... when they have to.... sort of.  Let's just put it this way, a 15 second shot clock would rarely catch them.

And they have a pretty good half court defense even without a big man in the middle.  For a while.  Until they can't stand it any more and start ad hoc trapping.

But seriously, while it's true that they are a team of 15 guards they can adapt and they do have tall feisty guards willing to mix it up with anybody.  They learned a lot in some really bad matchup games that resulted in disappointing loses at tournaments and early in the season.  It culminated with two really big wins in the Sugar Bowl Prep tournament in New Orleans on January 4th and 5th against big time opposition.  Solid games all around with good transition and half court play.  Only one time since those tourney games has the whole package been on display in deadly earnest and that was the first half of the second game against Hardin Jefferson, the score was 43 - 18.  Compare that to the half time score in Tuesday's HJ - Yates game, 34 -34.

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's right.  Arguably, probably the Most experienced playoff bunch I've ever seen with my own eyes...if they need to play the halfcourt game, they'll do it with the best of them.  There's only one Kryptonite for this team and I don't know if any team left in these playoffs has it..

Kryptonite?  Height and size?  

45 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Explain? U think Yates won't make it 

Yates to regionals??....yes

Beat Silsbee??.....little to no chance

I don’t care about common opponents and the numbers game. It’s the eye test for me. I’ve seen them both and there’s a measurable gap between the two teams. Silsbee is the better team by a lot...imo

5 minutes ago, indian15/16 said:

Yates to regionals??....yes

Beat Silsbee??.....little to no chance

I don’t care about common opponents and the numbers game. It’s the eye test for me. I’ve seen them both and there’s a measurable gap between the two teams. Silsbee is the better team by a lot...imo

Oh ok I'm just trying figure out how many how many more games before they meet