Silsbee 117 Bay City 70/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, H-Rocket said:

I attended the Wheatley vs Bay City Game and both teams were trash.  I could see how Bay City scored 75 points against a very weak Wheatley team, but 70 points against #3 Silsbee ???

Bay City actually had a few hoopers.  One kid can fill it up from deep.  Bay City's problem was overcoming Silsbee's full court pressure..   Once they broke the press, which wasn't often at all, they did score a little...

10 hours ago, H-Rocket said:

I attended the Wheatley vs Bay City Game and both teams were trash.  I could see how Bay City scored 75 points against a very weak Wheatley team, but 70 points against #3 Silsbee ???

One thing to remember when playing teams like us,  there are a lot more possessions for a team to score more points than most games.  However we definitely need to play a little better defense on the back side of the press.  Too many easy buckets.

If the Tigers had deployed a defense solely designed to shut down scoring that 70 would have been more like 50.  But then that 117 would have been more like 90.  We haven't seen the real, the playoff grade, Tiger defense since the second Hardin Jefferson game where the Hawks were held 18 points first half points.

After seeing Yates and Huffman the other night it's my belief that if the Tigers play to their potential the only things that can keep them out of the Alamodome are eligibility and the flu.

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

One thing to remember when playing teams like us,  there are a lot more possessions for a team to score more points than most games.  However we definitely need to play a little better defense on the back side of the press.  Too many easy buckets.

I haven't seen Silsbee play this season,  it appears that Silsbee plays an up tempo style of basketball, put pressure on the ball, force turnovers that lead to easy points and outside shooting 3's.  That style of play sounds so similar to the Old Wheatley Glory Days and the current Yates style of play.  

1 hour ago, H-Rocket said:

I haven't seen Silsbee play this season,  it appears that Silsbee plays an up tempo style of basketball, put pressure on the ball, force turnovers that lead to easy points and outside shooting 3's.  That style of play sounds so similar to the Old Wheatley Glory Days and the current Yates style of play.  

If you saw Silsbee last year, it is basically the same team....just a little better. 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:32 PM, H-Rocket said:

How did Washington, a team who finished behind Wheatley in district, score 75 points on #4 Yates?