Hardin Jefferson vs. Yates

JimThorpe

I wish the Hawks well, but I'll go with Yates by 20 something.

HJ is gonna need a great shooting night and has to keep Big Boy out of foul trouble to have a slight chance. Gonna look like the second Silsbee game if they don't. They did miss some easy baskets and shot the three poorly against Silsbee most the second game. Maybe, just maybe, if they can clean that up something good will happen.

6 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I wish the Hawks well, but I'll go with Yates by 20 something.

HJ is gonna need a great shooting night and has to keep Big Boy out of foul trouble to have a slight chance. Gonna look like the second Silsbee game if they don't. They did miss some easy baskets and shot the three poorly against Silsbee most the second game. Maybe, just maybe, if they can clean that up something good will happen.

True.  We can diagnose the problems they had in that game.  They did have a very poor shooting night, I mean beyond the pressure defense.  They missed shots at the rim that might have gone in.

But to me the key is passing and patience.  NO BAD PASSES.  Anything is better than a bad pass.  A 10 second violation is better, a tie up is way better.  You get the ball back half the time on tie ups and an inbounds pass rarely results in a layup.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Is there a way?  Is there a formula that could give HJ a chance.  Something outside the box?  

Outside the box....if you break the press, don't take the layup. Set up the offense and hold the ball at least 30 seconds. Only take mid-range jumpers and don't have any offensive rebounding..everyone gets back. You said outside the box right lol. 

This is the hidden content, please

"Hardin-Jefferson is no joke. The 22-9 Hawks finished second to Silsbee in District 22-4A. And earlier this season, the Hawks played a close one with their district rivals, losing 79-76.

While Yates will face criticism for its margin of victory Monday night, the Lions also will be more prepared when they face a tough opponent Thursday."

Look...just try to keep it close till the fourth quarter and see if they don't choke. Looks like they've lost to nearly every team they've played that actually has a pulse this year. It's hard to tell how good they really are. They scrapped by a Beaumont United team that was playing their first game ever as a school. United would probably kill them if they played again.

8 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

"Hardin-Jefferson is no joke. The 22-9 Hawks finished second to Silsbee in District 22-4A. And earlier this season, the Hawks played a close one with their district rivals, losing 79-76.

While Yates will face criticism for its margin of victory Monday night, the Lions also will be more prepared when they face a tough opponent Thursday."

Look...just try to keep it close till the fourth quarter and see if they don't choke. Looks like they've lost to nearly every team they've played that actually has a pulse this year. It's hard to tell how good they really are. They scrapped by a Beaumont United team that was playing their first game ever as a school. United would probably kill them if they played again.

I agree.  I was at that game and United looked dreadful (not entirely a shock being their first game ever as a school).  And lost by 2. 

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

This...

Anything can happen.  I expect Yates to win by 20+, but I expected silsbee to win by 20+ in both meetings against HJ this year as well.  If HJ gets hot from deep, is smart with the ball, and doesn’t fall into Yates’ style of play, they have a chance (although not a big one) to beat them.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Anything can happen.  I expect Yates to win by 20+, but I expected silsbee to win by 20+ in both meetings against HJ this year as well.  If HJ gets hot from deep, is smart with the ball, and doesn’t fall into Yates’ style of play, they have a chance (although not a big one) to beat them.  

Remember Silsbee didnt have McCain and look at the 2nd score. 

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Remember Silsbee didnt have McCain and look at the 2nd score. 

And that's an interesting thing to analyze.  The Tigers dominated the Hawks in that second game.  Silsbee had the Hawks reeling in the first half, missing shoots at the basket making questionable passes, scoring only 55.  The margin was 26 points.  A convincing win. 

The Tigers played about as well as they are capable of playing in the first half and the score was 43-18. But then the Hawks gathered themselves and played much, much better in the second half.  They were outscored by only one point 38-37.  Some of it was Silsbee relaxing a little sitting on that 25 point halftime lead but that wasn't the whole story.  Remember too that Persohn fouled out relatively early in the 4th quarter and still HJ outscored Silsbee 22-19 in that period.  A lot of it had to do with that scrawny little blond kid who comes in off the bench.  I don't know what it is, but when he comes in the game we seem to score a little less and HJ seems to score a little more. And that was true in both games.  Go figure.

I assume that Yates will win but I'll be looking at the margin.  If it's 30 or below then okay, I'm sorry HJ loses but it shows that Yates isn't some kind of monster.  But if it's a 50 point drubbing then the Tigers will have to take notice and think hard about what they intend to do.  While the Tigers are clearly better than HJ they aren't 50 points better.   

29 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

And that's an interesting thing to analyze.  The Tigers dominated the Hawks in that second game.  Silsbee had the Hawks reeling in the first half, missing shoots at the basket making questionable passes, scoring only 55.  The margin was 26 points.  A convincing win. 

The Tigers played about as well as they are capable of playing in the first half and the score was 43-18. But then the Hawks gathered themselves and played much, much better in the second half.  They were outscored by only one point 38-37.  Some of it was Silsbee relaxing a little sitting on that 25 point halftime lead but that wasn't the whole story.  Remember too that Persohn fouled out relatively early in the 4th quarter and still HJ outscored Silsbee 22-19 in that period.  A lot of it had to do with that scrawny little blond kid who comes in off the bench.  I don't know what it is, but when he comes in the game we seem to score a little less and HJ seems to score a little more. And that was true in both games.  Go figure.

I assume that Yates will win but I'll be looking at the margin.  If it's 30 or below then okay, I'm sorry HJ loses but it shows that Yates isn't some kind of monster.  But if it's a 50 point drubbing then the Tigers will have to take notice and think hard about what they intend to do.  While the Tigers are clearly better than HJ they aren't 50 points better.   

A couple points here i have a little trouble with, one,  i dont think the Tigers played their absolute best in that first half of the second game.  Defensively...maybe so.  Offensively...not so much...didnt shoot the ball as well as we can.   As far as Yates margin of victory over hj, i dont think thats of much significance.  Yates is a team that we better be aware of either way,  they are a team that can beat us if we dont play like we should and maybe even if we do.  Lots of variables can lead to a victory margin being wider or closer than they really should be.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Regardless of score Silsbee has what it takes to beat Yates because of the guard play which has been proven for the last two years you just stay tune and watch 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asher
    Newest Member
    asher

• VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy VivaAerobus Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. VivaAerobus Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their VivaAerobus Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. VivaAerobus Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by VivaAerobus Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by VivaAerobus Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact VivaAerobus Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to VivaAerobus Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with VivaAerobus Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!          
    • SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy SkyWest Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. SkyWest Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their SkyWest Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. SkyWest Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by SkyWest Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by SkyWest Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact SkyWest Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to SkyWest Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with SkyWest Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
    • Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy Saudi Arabian Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their Saudi Arabian Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. Saudi Arabian Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by Saudi Arabian Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by Saudi Arabian Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact Saudi Arabian Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to Saudi Arabian Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with Saudi Arabian Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
    • Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy Royal Jordanian Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. Royal Jordanian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their Royal Jordanian Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. Royal Jordanian Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by Royal Jordanian Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by Royal Jordanian Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact Royal Jordanian Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to Royal Jordanian Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with Royal Jordanian Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
    • Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy Royal Air Maroc Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. Royal Air Maroc Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their Royal Air Maroc Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. Royal Air Maroc Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by Royal Air Maroc Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by Royal Air Maroc Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact Royal Air Maroc Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to Royal Air Maroc Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with Royal Air Maroc Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
  • Topics