Pure Evil in Orange County

TxHoops

This is the hidden content, please

Met this afternoon with one of the investigating detectives on another matter.  He was understandably and visibly shaken by the whole ordeal.  There are some things in this world I will never understand.  The only solace is that she is now in a better place than any of us and will not have to endure what could have been a torturous childhood.  

Prayers for the rest of her family and the good men and women in blue who are charged to do a job none of us would envy.  I don’t know how they do cases like this to be honest. 

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That may be the reason he doesn't get death penalty 

You may be right.  The guy seems like a nutcase.  Could be an act though.  If so, there are good mental health professionals in this area that are used to seeing it.  

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

He better pray he never winds up in general population...justice can get served in many ways.

So much truth.   That might be the best justice of all.   They don’t use medicine to put you to sleep in gen pop.   

Insanity in Texas is rarely used as a reason for a not guilty plea. The person has to prove that he is insane to the extent that he has no clue that he committed a crime. 

I can think of one in this area, Millard Harrison from Beaumont. 

This guy might be number 2......

58 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Insanity in Texas is rarely used as a reason for a not guilty plea. The person has to prove that he is insane to the extent that he has no clue that he committed a crime. 

I can think of one in this area, Millard Harrison from Beaumont. 

This guy might be number 2......

TVC, I don’t know if you’ve ever had the misfortune of being on an investigation quite like this one.  I’m sure you’ve investigated other horrendous acts though.  I can’t imagine how you guys are able to do your jobs and do them well when dealing with such evil.  There is simply no way that I see that it doesn’t take something from you.  For many of us, it is heartbreaking enough to see pictures of a precious little girl and merely hear about what happened.  There is absolutely no way I could do your job.  And for that, we should all be eternally grateful.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, TxHoops said:

TVC, I don’t know if you’ve ever had the misfortune of being on an investigation quite like this one.  I’m sure you’ve investigated other horrendous acts though.  I can’t imagine how you guys are able to do your jobs and do them well when dealing with such evil.  There is simply no way that I see that it doesn’t take something from you.  For many of us, it is heartbreaking enough to see pictures of a precious little girl and merely hear about what happened.  There is absolutely no way I could do your job.  And for that, we should all be eternally grateful.  

The officers who worked this crime will, no doubt, carry the images forever.  I’m with you Hoops, it’s bound to scar your soul.  Add to that the restraint that’s required not to act out your desire to beat this man (thing) to death.  He may have mental disorder, but my first guess is that it’s the result of demonic possession.  If the old saying is true, “The eyes are the window to the soul”, when I looked at his, I saw Hell.  

On 2/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, TxHoops said:

Thank you  

I have seen some fairly horrific crime scenes. Dismemberments, amputation, unimaginable wounds, etc. This one would likely have been the worst due to age. 

I have talked to someone while he was holding his intestines in his hands and crying that he was going to die (but didn’t), I spoke with a guy whose brains were protruding out of his head before he died, I have seen a man trying to talk after he tried to commit suicide with a shotgun but was only successful in amputating his entire face and couldn’t talk because he had no lower jaw and his tongue was on his chest, I have been inside houses with multiple stabbing death and seen more than my share of dead children. 

The police obviously aren’t the only ones terrible sights. Fire, EMS, some medical professionals and certain members of the military are a few that might have seen things that humans shouldn’t have to witness. Even other first responders however don’t always see what the police see when it is bad enough that the others simply aren’t needed. It is too late for lifesaving and only an investigation. 

I could go on.... for days....  but yes we carry a lot with us. Like other professions you just learn to deal with it and move on. I suspect that some don’t which causes a higher than normal suicide rate. Off hand I can think of 8 officers that I have worked with or knew from other agencies that have committed suicide. 

But it is something we voluntarily do. An overwhelming majority do so with courage to move forward into bad situations with fear but resolve to do the right thing for the right reasons. Unfortunately a few choose a different course and drag the rest of us down with them. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/14/2019 at 6:51 AM, Hagar said:

Good!  This is one guy that lethal injection is far to lenient.  Just off hand, I can think of quite a few more appropriate forms of ending his life.

Yes, beat him to death like he did to the little girl. I like drawn and quartered, but one comes to mind that I won’t list here, but it is medieval.