#3 HJ vs. #7 Midlothian Heritage predictions

Bobcat1

Doing a little research, heritage has only broken 60 points in 7 out of 38 games this year.  They beat #12 Lorena tonight 34-22.  They’re 33-5 on the year, obviously play a slow, methodical style.  HJ is a much more offensive team.  I’m assuming HJ will have a big advantage in athleticism and on the offensive end, but they could struggle against a defensive style they’re not used to playing against often.  

I think HJ is too experienced with the schedule they played this season.  We were not ready for the moment when we played MH - our game should of been much closer.  MH made shots against us that I don't think they normally make - but they are a very sold team that will not beat themselves.  They don't make defensive mistakes and don't turn the ball over in the half court. Should be a good game but I think HJ wins and is not really pushed all that much in the game.  

14 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Doing a little research, heritage has only broken 60 points in 7 out of 38 games this year.  They beat #12 Lorena tonight 34-22.  They’re 33-5 on the year, obviously play a slow, methodical style.  HJ is a much more offensive team.  I’m assuming HJ will have a big advantage in athleticism and on the offensive end, but they could struggle against a defensive style they’re not used to playing against often.  

I don't think they have a big advantage here.   MH is athletic and can play big. They have a really good 6'0" PG that is quick and plays under control.   Their two guard is super quick and can really shoot it.  They bring a solid 6'3" post in off the bench too.   But I still think HJ wins easily (I don't think it will be close)  but more on experience and from playing a schedule that has them battle tested and ready for big games in the playoffs.

Normally I'd be for our district but not this time.  Silsbee would have a much better chance against Midlothian.  

HJ has handled Silsbee easily twice this year and would be the prohibitive favorite on Saturday.  It's just got to be true that you have a better chance of upsetting the team that just upset the overall favorite than upsetting the favorite.

But my prediction is an 20 point win for HJ at 65-45, because they are just that good.

They've been stomping everybody since December.  There's that inexplicable 13 point margin one time against Lumberton that's the only ding.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

There's that inexplicable 13 point margin one time against Lumberton that's the only ding.

If one was at the game and knew HJ and their roster, they would have observed HJ operating without it's 6' freshman phenom that whole game. Kind of different feel when all the pieces were not available. HJ has a fantastic overall roster, with the two-time defending SuperGold player of the year, one of the best 3-Pt shooters makes wise in the state, and two way defensive minded guard who can knock down shots at a good clip. Plus they have a SOLID bench with players who stay in their lane and do their job.

It was a very "explicable" margin when you take into account a superpower team that was missing a VITAL piece and appeared to be a bit over confident that the scrub team they were fixing to play was going to just lay down. That did not happen, and to the credit of the great coaching staff HJ has, they got their ladies focused in on game and HJ held Lumberton off. Lumberton girls did not play scared and they pushed as hard as they could with a not very deep team.

My point is at this point of the playoffs, there are only good teams left now, and all it takes is foul trouble or some other glitch to throw things out of wack. I think this game actually kind of helped HJ, especially the coaches, drive the point home that nothing will be given it must be earned.

Good Luck the rest of the way HJ ladies, bring it home. Fantastic group of young ladies.