Important Question for UT Alum

stevenash

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

In your opinion, who deserves the best actor/actress award?

1. Nathan Phillips

2.. Christine Blasey Ford

3. Jussie Smollet

Can we add Adam Schiff? After all, he is a Congressman on the committee that investigated the Trump/Russia collusion theory. He said that "there's plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight". He actually says this with a straight face, but yet when pressed to offer that evidence, he continually runs. For that stone-faced lie, I contend he should at least get a nomination.

I’d have to go with Ford.  She convinced 11 Senators that she’d been sexually abused by Kavanaugh, while all the time not remembering anything else.  And convincing them she was afraid to fly, even after it’s discovered she flies all over the world.  

Btw, if any of those 11 Senators are reading this, I’d like to sell you a bridge over the Neches River.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

If you’ll acknowledge same about your president.

Let me be a little more direct.  I think all three of the aforementioned "actors" participated in hoaxes(outright and overt lies) intended to influence public opinion.  Do you agree or disagree?   If you dodge this question too, we will all know where you really stand.  If you want to talk about Trump, start another thread and I will be more than happy to fully participate.

31 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Let me be a little more direct.  I think all three of the aforementioned "actors" participated in hoaxes(outright and overt lies) intended to influence public opinion.  Do you agree or disagree?   If you dodge this question too, we will all know where you really stand.  If you want to talk about Trump, start another thread and I will be more than happy to fully participate.

Just go ahead and call them liars. I can’t judge that one yet. Looks like Smollette may have screwed the pooch. 

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Lower taxes, less regulation, conservative SC justices, better trade deals...I like this movie, Trump should win best actor.

Got your refund yet?

Good trade deal = higher taxes (tariffs) on manufacturing and consumers.

Less regulation means more pollutants in our air and water. A lot of that was done by fiat. Ok for your guy, but not the other side.

Supreme court was luck of the draw and elimination of cloture. Hardly fair in my book. Don’t point to Obama for doing same on lower court appointments. Obstructionist republickans would not let any of his on the floor. Again, ok for your side, cheating if the other side does it. 

I might vote him for best animated character.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Lower taxes, less regulation, conservative SC justices, better trade deals...I like this movie, Trump should win best actor.

I forgot to mention Amazon - bet they loved the tax reform. 0 tax on 11 billion profit. I’ll pay more on an infinitesimal percentage of those profits.. Heck of a deal, I must say.

15 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Got your refund yet?

Good trade deal = higher taxes (tariffs) on manufacturing and consumers.

Less regulation means more pollutants in our air and water. A lot of that was done by fiat. Ok for your guy, but not the other side.

Supreme court was luck of the draw and elimination of cloture. Hardly fair in my book. Don’t point to Obama for doing same on lower court appointments. Obstructionist republickans would not let any of his on the floor. Again, ok for your side, cheating if the other side does it. 

I might vote him for best animated character.

Got your refund yet? My taxes are lower...so are yours.

Good trade deal = higher taxes (tariffs) on manufacturing and consumers.  lol...keep up with what's going on.  A good trade deal is bad...sounds like a Democrat talking point.

Less regulation means more pollutants in our air and water. A lot of that was done by fiat. Ok for your guy, but not the other side. Wrong, it would mean anything petroleum / coal related is higher for the consumer...you seem to be concerned about that only when it suits your argument.

Supreme court was luck of the draw and elimination of cloture. Hardly fair in my book. Don’t point to Obama for doing same on lower court appointments. Obstructionist republickans would not let any of his on the floor. Again, ok for your side, cheating if the other side does it. You mean the Biden rule?  Can you tell me what laws they broke while cheating?

6 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Got your refund yet? My taxes are lower...so are yours.

Good trade deal = higher taxes (tariffs) on manufacturing and consumers.  lol...keep up with what's going on.  A good trade deal is bad...sounds like a Democrat talking point.

Less regulation means more pollutants in our air and water. A lot of that was done by fiat. Ok for your guy, but not the other side. Wrong, it would mean anything petroleum / coal related is higher for the consumer...you seem to be concerned about that only when it suits your argument.

Supreme court was luck of the draw and elimination of cloture. Hardly fair in my book. Don’t point to Obama for doing same on lower court appointments. Obstructionist republickans would not let any of his on the floor. Again, ok for your side, cheating if the other side does it. You mean the Biden rule?  Can you tell me what laws they broke while cheating?

I want to hear the spin on the Amazon zero tax deal. You all favor 0% corporate tax rate?

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

I want to hear the spin on the Amazon zero tax deal. You all favor 0% corporate tax rate?

I actually do, or at least a more reasonable rate than we presently have...a company that employs thousands of folks provides plenty of taxes.

Money in the private sector is much more productive than money that goes to the fed gov.

And don’t say I am in favor of no taxes...not what I said.

By the way...nice deflection.