Favorites to win state

DXTR

For 1A every road runs through Lipan. I think we have a pretty solid chance to get to state, I'm expecting if we win we will hit Spurger in bi-district, Rocksprings in Area, Leggett in the regional quarterfinals, Neches in the regional semifinals, and LaPoynor in the regional final, but Lipan is the real deal. They set a record earlier this season for three pointers made in a game, I think they had 34. Earlier this year they won the Tenaha Tournament, beating #1 in 2A Shelbyville in the finals.

15 hours ago, DXTR said:

6a - ?

5a- ?

4a- Silsbee/ Wilmer Hutchins / Faith Family

3a- East Chambers/ Brock

2a- ?

1a- ?

As you can tell, I haven't seen much on these teams. Just curious what others thought. Silsbee's path has some powerhouse teams, but I still would pick them to three-peat. 

Just as stated about 1A running through Lipan, can’t talk about 3A without. Brock. Although if EC continues to shoot the ball at the high level it has, no one will beat them. 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Huntsville TX... And they will be the two teams that will play to see who goes to San Antonio. And the winner will win State. 

Yates isn’t beating whoever comes out of DFW.   They could be the third best team at State if they were to beat Silsbee.  Luckily, absent the Tigers laying an egg, we will never know though.  

7 minutes ago, Who That said:

Ow my opinion Silsbee 3 peats... :)

I agree with you.   So if you meant silsbee will advance and win state, we are on the same page.  If you meant if Yates were to upset silsbee they would win state, i don’t think so.  I can think of 5 or 6 teams out of the metroplex that would be solid favorites over this Yates team, and possibly the region 1 winner as well.   Hopefully none of them are better than silsbee if and when they play.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I agree with you.   So if you meant silsbee will advance and win state, we are on the same page.  If you meant if Yates were to upset silsbee they would win state, i don’t think so.  I can think of 5 or 6 teams out of the metroplex that would be solid favorites over this Yates team, and possibly the region 1 winner as well.   Hopefully none of them are better than silsbee if and when they play.  

Hahaha We are on the same page.. No I don't  see any upset... I don't see anyone beating Silsbee. 

1A Lipan is the favorite, but if they have a off shooting night, who knows

2A Muenster and Shelbyville (common opponent Lipan which Muenster beat so I would put them first but they are very close)

3A East Chambers and Brock are the top two by far, but there's also Dallas Madison in Region 2 and Randolph and Cole in Region 4 (I know it's normally the weakest but the military schools if they make it bring the fans and would not sleep on them)

4A Silsbee is top dog, but this is the most competitive bracket. Region I you have Argyle and Decatur, plus possibly Brownwood and Estacado. Region 2 is murders row (Oak Cliff Family has the easiest route). Region 3 is Silsbee and then Yates/Hardin Jefferson.

5A Have no clue as this is the class normally with the most upsets

6A is very open, but matchups will determine the favorite. Region 1 you have about 6 teams who have a legitimate chance to win the region. Region 2 about 3-4 teams. Region 3 about 5 teams. Region 4 about 2-3 teams.

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

1A Lipan is the favorite, but if they have a off shooting night, who knows

2A Muenster and Shelbyville (common opponent Lipan which Muenster beat so I would put them first but they are very close)

3A East Chambers and Brock are the top two by far, but there's also Dallas Madison in Region 2 and Randolph and Cole in Region 4 (I know it's normally the weakest but the military schools if they make it bring the fans and would not sleep on them)

4A Silsbee is top dog, but this is the most competitive bracket. Region I you have Argyle and Decatur, plus possibly Brownwood and Estacado. Region 2 is murders row (Oak Cliff Family has the easiest route). Region 3 is Silsbee and then Yates/Hardin Jefferson.

5A Have no clue as this is the class normally with the most upsets

6A is very open, but matchups will determine the favorite. Region 1 you have about 6 teams who have a legitimate chance to win the region. Region 2 about 3-4 teams. Region 3 about 5 teams. Region 4 about 2-3 teams.

True....All we have now is an educated guess. And there’s always those teams that fly under the radar that show up and surprise us. As you stated, matchups can cause havoc.